Daiwa Sealine Saltwater Conventional Reel Specifications

Started by Bryan Young, October 28, 2014, 06:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porthos

Daron,

Looks like you need to chase down reels in all three frame colors... ;). It is a Sealine "collection," yes?  ;D

Wai

Shark Hunter

Wai,
My Sealine collecting is coming to a close. I have all the metal framed versions except for the 350H.
The 30SH is something I can live without. There is also a 50 high speed I can pass on by as well. I will start upgrading them one by one when I get the time. Thank You for all your help. ;)
Life is Good!

RowdyW

Wai, the grey & the silver is the same reel. Some call it grey & some call it silver. As far as the black one you can call it black or dark grey when it's faded by the sun. There are the only two colors that I know of.    RUDY

Porthos

Thx for the lineage history...I only got into the Sealines six years ago. It would appear all of mine, except for the 350H, are the faded black ones...but that's OK...the fish appear to not care.  ;)

newport

That was what I thought, thanks. Any parts list available online for the old sealine h versions? More curious to know how much my old silver frame sealine is in original stock condition. I know, probably very insignificant differences. As i said before, I think the biggest differences between the old and new are the bridgeplates (old one has four posts for the plate screws instead of only three). Well, at least on the 600hs. That's the only version I own.

Porthos

Do you have any pics of this three post bridge and the screws?

RowdyW

Quote from: newport on October 12, 2015, 07:35:07 AM
That was what I thought, thanks. Any parts list available online for the old sealine h versions? More curious to know how much my old silver frame sealine is in original stock condition. I know, probably very insignificant differences. As i said before, I think the biggest differences between the old and new are the bridgeplates (old one has four posts for the plate screws instead of only three). Well, at least on the 600hs. That's the only version I own.
As far as I know the only main difference between them is that the Grey (silver) has a ridge in the main gear & the black (dark grey) doesn't. The new main gears that you order from Daiwa don't have the ridge. Everything is interchangeable between both.   RUDY

newport

Quote from: Porthos on October 12, 2015, 03:43:36 PM
Do you have any pics of this three post bridge and the screws?
I'll get a photo up as soon as I can.

newport

The first two is the new bridge and the screws that hold the sideplate and bridge together. It's brand new from Daiwa. It is the version that is on their current parts list schematic. I actually had to get the new screw that goes with it -- the one with only the threads on the end.

Third photo shows the old bridge plate and you can see that it has a fourth post with a regular threaded screw.

Porthos

Then all three of my 600H's have the old version bridge.

Shark Hunter

Finally scored a 350H. NIB, Good things come to those who wait. ;)
Life is Good!

Porthos

Had been playing with the idea of just giving you my silver 350H frame and spool...you would have had to use the plates from one of your 300H's to complete...though asking you for your mailing address would have given it away.

Shark Hunter

I already gave the twin 300H I had to my son.
I have every one on the list and a couple duplicates of the bigger models.
I guess I need to look for the HS 30 now.
Life is Good!

ez2cdave

YES, I do LOVE my Daiwa SEALINE H reels !

I had three "Dream Reels" in mind that, unfortunately, Daiwa never produced . . . 650H, 950H, 1200H . . . THOSE would have been EPIC ! ! !

Tight Lines !

tgorman

I may be putting my 400H to the test this week

Funny how I've been just going nuts shopping and researching a good 50-60# 2- speed
and pretty much narrowed it down to the Makaira 10II-SEA  or AVET HX Raptor
And I am leaning towards the Makaira and trying to decide between the 15ii or 10ii

But .. that is a lot of money and will have to wait until a fat commission comes in later this month.

But I want to go fishing.. now!!!

I have a seldom used 400H that  Byran helped me get a 5+ stack of washers and the drag is rock solid.
And I think I tested it 22#s on my spring scale.

So.. I think I go old school on the bluefin next week and go 3.4:1 and a new Power Handle from  Smoothdrag
I bought and had not decided on what reel to put it on. So I think it goes on the 400H for now.
It has a 30" retrieve so the gear should be plenty low enough for bigger tuna.

Pictures of  fresh ahi to come :-)

Todd

Team work makes the dream work!