alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Daiwa Sealine Saltwater Conventional Reel Specifications
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
September 15, 2019, 05:04:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daiwa Sealine Saltwater Conventional Reel Specifications  (Read 62982 times)
Porthos

« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2019, 04:06:10 AM »

Scored (i think) on a vintage daiwa sealine no. 25.  so im currently in southeast asia and came across a super great condition reel with 3 levers.  but for about $15 usd, i had to have it. but i cant seem to find any data on this reel.  it seems the level wind has stopped working.   im hoping i can fix it when i return to the states and open it up.  

where would someone get parts for such reels?

Looks like a wider model of the Daiwa 24 here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113700389232

With only the "Daiwa 24" eBay listing found via Google, and even it is originating from Japan, it appears at this juncture that the reel may not have been sold in the USA. If so, Daiwa USA, in their inventory system, may not even officially have parts for it. Still, wouldn't hurt to try with a phone call. Unofficially, have seen parts shared between multiple Daiwa Sealine models; the 30H/SH to SMF175's and the 50H to 300/350H sharings are ones I've seen first hand.

Unless someone comes forth with definitive data, the first inclination would be to get measurements from the Daiwa 27H and 47H level winds and see if any of their parts are compatible; going this route because these two reels are relatively more available via eBay.

Post pics as well as measurements of the faulty part in the level wind system once you have the reel apart. Probably better to start a new thread specifically if you do.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:19:10 AM by Porthos » Logged
ez2cdave
Sensei

« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2019, 05:26:13 AM »

Those reels strongly resemble Penn SQUIDDER reels, but with level-winds.

Tight Lines !

Dave F.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: