Daiwa Sealine Saltwater Conventional Reel Specifications

Started by Bryan Young, October 28, 2014, 06:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porthos

Quote from: B0b on September 11, 2019, 08:05:53 AM
Scored (i think) on a vintage daiwa sealine no. 25.  so im currently in southeast asia and came across a super great condition reel with 3 levers.  but for about $15 usd, i had to have it. but i cant seem to find any data on this reel.  it seems the level wind has stopped working.   im hoping i can fix it when i return to the states and open it up.  

where would someone get parts for such reels?

Looks like a wider model of the Daiwa 24 here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113700389232

With only the "Daiwa 24" eBay listing found via Google, and even it is originating from Japan, it appears at this juncture that the reel may not have been sold in the USA. If so, Daiwa USA, in their inventory system, may not even officially have parts for it. Still, wouldn't hurt to try with a phone call. Unofficially, have seen parts shared between multiple Daiwa Sealine models; the 30H/SH to SMF175's and the 50H to 300/350H sharings are ones I've seen first hand.

Unless someone comes forth with definitive data, the first inclination would be to get measurements from the Daiwa 27H and 47H level winds and see if any of their parts are compatible; going this route because these two reels are relatively more available via eBay.

Post pics as well as measurements of the faulty part in the level wind system once you have the reel apart. Probably better to start a new thread specifically if you do.

ez2cdave

Those reels strongly resemble Penn SQUIDDER reels, but with level-winds.

Tight Lines !

Dave F.

Donnyboat

Hi everyone, I have just spoken to Diawa parts Australia, I was after, schematics for a Diawa sea line 900, the bloke said the schematics are know longer available, this 900 reel I have, there is nothing on the face plate apart from-on & off, the tail plate has sea line 900, with know H behind it, under the sea line 900, it has Daiwa Sieko inc., I am after some parts so I also need a parts list with the schematic, the bloke told me he dout there is any part available for this reel, but if I can get these details, just maybe someone will have part. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Ruffy

Hi Don,
I can't help. Can you pop up a photo? It may help someone with the right schematics chime in. It sounds like the original Sealine, with the black or gold side plates, and the straight cut gears so you can swap the post the dog rides on it and use it as left hand or right hand wind.
Cheers,
Andrew

Donnyboat

Thanks Andrew, this model has a white bone handle, black plates, with the silver writing on the tail plate Sea Line 900, I could possibly take some photos & get Mike or Wayne to place them on here, I brought the reel on Gumtree Australia, for AU $45:00 including postage to WA, the tail plate has been damaged, it needs the spring loaded ratchet parts, the tail plate will need building up a bit, near the ratchet, but I think I can manage that, I would not say the gears are cut totally straight, & possibly need replacing bit I could still fish with the present gearing, but with summer coming on here, it would be nice to have the ratchet working, for trawling. cheers Don,
Don, or donnyboat