Penn 110 1/0 (The Mini Tank)

Started by fIsHsTiiCkS, October 30, 2014, 02:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

Thank you that is a snappy looking little beauty. Pics much appreciated.

handi2

Great looking reel. Congratulations..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Rancanfish

I finally got around to looking into my other 1/0, and found the brass gear sleeve at the handle end is rounded off. So I popped the pin out to swap with another gear sleeve and noticed the post is skinny on this bridge. My replacement gear sleeve has a bunch of slop.

Does anyone know which gear sleeve to use as a replacement?  And or which SS gear sleeve to use.

My first build didn't have this issue I don't think. (Or it did and I didn't notice?).

Thanks for any info.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Rancanfish

Pics needed?  Pic#1 shows bridge post and sleeve with cutout area on bottom to cover oiled felt on post.  Pic #2 shows stock sleeve on bottom with a smaller I.D.

Shark Hunter

I've ran into that same problem Randy on a 9/0. I just swapped the bridge. A 99 or 250 bridge will work according to Scott's. Part # 3-99. Unfortunately, they don't have any.
Life is Good!

handi2

If someone will remind me I should have that bridge. I'll PM you my phone number so you text me.

Keith
Gulf Breeze, FL

Rancanfish

That will be awesome Keith!  I really want this together on time for salmon season.  I PM'd you because I know you're busy.  I'll pay ya directly.

I don't use down riggers so I need some low gear grunt.

I already have the 965's set up for rockies.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

handi2

I just finished one for an old guy that loves them with the super low gear ratio.
Gulf Breeze, FL

Rancanfish

Count me as another old guy that loves them.

But if it weren't for Fishsticks here starting this thread,  I would not have known.

PS  Sent you a text Keith as instructed.

handi2

I couldn't find a 99 or 250. Anything else to fit?

I have 113's, 60's, 65's, 85's, 200's, 155's, 155's left hand, and one 3-9.
Gulf Breeze, FL

joel8080

I have one, send me a PM with your address and I will send it out on Monday.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

Rancanfish

Thanks for the look Keith.

Joel8080 I am sending a PM shortly.  Thanks.

UPDATE -  Thanks to Joel and another friend,  I can pull this 1/0 together,  and post up some pics (when I'm done) of this sweet little troller.

Rancanfish

She lives !!!!  Just finished up. Didn't get to do all my upgrades, but thanks to Joel8080, Randy @ Vintage and others for their contributions.  This thing sat on a tray for 3 weeks, so yay!

sharkman

How hard was it to double dog reel?

Swami805

I'm pretty new to this but after spending alot of time on this site I've gotten pretty comfortable with my newell reels so I thought I'd step my game up to the penn senators. I have a 1/0 coming so I thought I'd start with that. I have a tiburon frame that will work and getting a spool and a drag kit should be no trick but where can I get the other parts?
Alot of good info on this tread to get me going in the right direction and the pictures sealed the deal. A reel that size with alot of torque will be really useful. Really beautiful work.
Thanks
Do what you can with that you have where you are