[ask]Sideplate screw accurate bx

Started by Eldops, November 01, 2014, 04:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldops

I want to ask, when i open my accurate bx, i accidentaly drop one of sideplate screw (there's 4 total), and i can't find it, my question is, how my reel performance if i just using 3 screws, does it affect the strength, because its really hard to find screw replacement in my country (indonesia), or any solution?, sorry for my bad english

foakes

Hi eldops --

It will likely be ok with 3 screws -- but it should really have all four for strength and future sealing issues.

Many of us probably have the screw you need -- and someone will likely send you one -- stay tuned...

On a side note -- in another reel repair shop I used to have at another location -- when I moved, before shampooing the carpet, I got on my hands and knees with a powerful magnet -- scouring every inch of the room -- and actually replenished my inventory of dog springs, as well as many other little parts.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

SoCalAngler

Is there a place where you can go close to you that carries stainless steel screws? I don't fish Accurates but most likely the screw will be to American measurements in size. If you can find a screw with the same thread size and close in the screw head size you can cut or grind it down to the correct length pretty easily if you can only find a larger length screw. If you can only find one that will fit the reel that is close to lenght but shorter than the stock size (one the length that came with the reel) be very careful to not over tighten the screw and strip the hole in the frame.