alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial DISCONTINUED Daiwa Sealine 400H/400HW/450H/450HW 5+1 Drag Kits - $30 shipped USA
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
August 02, 2021, 05:16:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DISCONTINUED Daiwa Sealine 400H/400HW/450H/450HW 5+1 Drag Kits - $30 shipped USA  (Read 17046 times)
crackerman

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2021, 03:17:37 AM »

Thanks Alan! Pm replied to. Thanks so much!
Jigmaster_Jay

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2021, 03:10:02 AM »

Yes rowdy, out of stock, discontinued by manufacturer... I checked there first.

found one and sent you a pm!

Hey, Alan. Is there perhaps one more kit available? Been lurking for a while and learned how to rebuild and carbontex a Squidder and repair/ upgrade a Jigmaster. I just did an impulse buy today on a 400h I saw on Ebay with a few mins left and scored for $30 hoping I can maybe beef up the drag and tackle some medium sized sharks during an upcoming trip to St. George Island. If there aren't any, I'm wondering how feasible it might be to take a sander/dremel/grinder to the metal drag washers and thin them out to squeeze in another pair along with some thinner ht-100 washers. May have to notch the ear grooves in the main gear, too, but I'm not sure. If there is any chance that it can be done then I'm not afraid to ruin some washers trying since the reel was so cheap.
oc1
Sensei

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2021, 04:24:23 AM »

Carve a round indentation in a block of wood that will just fit the washer.  Attach the washer with double sided tape.  Hold the block as the washer is lapped down on a belt or disk sander.
Jigmaster_Jay

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2021, 10:33:35 AM »

I read that method somewhere and may give it a try. Also read something about super gluing a washer to something like a bolt or wooden dowel rod to hold it and use an orbital sander.
oc1
Sensei

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2021, 10:43:41 AM »

use an orbital sander.
You might need something more aggressive to thin the washers and ten smooth with finer grit.
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2021, 03:37:32 PM »

Hey, Alan. Is there perhaps one more kit available? Been lurking for a while and learned how to rebuild and carbontex a Squidder and repair/ upgrade a Jigmaster. I just did an impulse buy today on a 400h I saw on Ebay with a few mins left and scored for $30 hoping I can maybe beef up the drag and tackle some medium sized sharks during an upcoming trip to St. George Island. If there aren't any, I'm wondering how feasible it might be to take a sander/dremel/grinder to the metal drag washers and thin them out to squeeze in another pair along with some thinner ht-100 washers. May have to notch the ear grooves in the main gear, too, but I'm not sure. If there is any chance that it can be done then I'm not afraid to ruin some washers trying since the reel was so cheap.

send you an email.

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Bryan Young
Ultimate Upgrades Drags
Administrator

The Reel Whisperer

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2021, 06:57:25 AM »

Hi Jay,

You are in luck. Alan just gave me my excess kits since he wasnít installing them. Iím waiting for Carbontex washers. I should have limited kits available next week. Iíll message you once they are made.

Cheesy I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. Cheesy
otownjoe

Joe

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2021, 09:28:50 AM »

Bryan, if you have any extras I could use a set.pm sent. Joe
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2021, 03:14:27 PM »

um, in my defense, they somehow wound up in a drawer and i didn't even know that they were there.  i was doing some cleaning.  no, seriously, don't laugh, i was actually cleaning.  Grin

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: