Shark Hunter Rod

Started by Shark Hunter, December 06, 2014, 09:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I am very excited about this rod. My Buddy Topshot built it for me. Another perk of Alantani.com! ;D
Is this a work of art or what? ;)
Rainshadow 80-130 5'6" Broomstick! Thank You Chris!
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Time to go break it in and get some bait juice and shark blood on it. Camo rods are cool.

Aiala

Wow, that's a beauty! Which of your six thousand reels will you match it with?   ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

fsrmn

Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

sundaytrucka

Came out really nice!  Post some pics with the designated reel mounted, I think a black senator would look great in contrast. 

I am not a huge fan of marbling, but like the look of it along the whole of the blank.

Good job Chris!
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

foakes

Nice, Daron --

Guess you will need to get a new reel for that rod -- probably something with a green anodized Tib or Accurate frame would go well -- but I do not think they make them big enough for a 9, 12, or 14/0.  So you will probably need to settle for black frame to match.

You can call that combo "Seal Team 6".

Great job, Topshot!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

handi2

Daron it looks like someone puked on it..!!

Just kidding. I especially like the reel seat and foregrip. Hang on brother..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

I have been waiting for this rod for a year. Chris Nailed it!
There are only  two reels fitting for this, A 12/0 or a 14 for the Seal Team 6! ;)
Life is Good!

cwillis85

Love the color scheme, beautiful rod.
Chris

Tightlines667

That is a beautiful rod Daron.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Topshot

Thanks guys. Sorry it took so long. Between moving to a new house and working and the post office closing at 4 when I get off of work at 3:30 lol. But I'm glad you like it. We had originally planned on Stuart roller guides but fishing in the sand I figured Fuji Sic guides would be better in the long run. Definitely not close to professional but hey I think its nice. I know a lot of people aren't fans of marbling but to be honest I've gotten really bored of the look of thread work. And marbling a rod full length is not as easy as it looks, trust me. I'm only 23 years old so I have a while to perfect the Art
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Dominick

Chris, good work.  23 huh?  I wish it was me.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Don't feel bad Dominick, you're only three times older ;D

Chris, nice job on that green rod for being that green  ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 07, 2014, 03:26:31 AM
Don't feel bad Dominick, you're only three times older ;D

Does that mean that I am 3 times smarter or 3 times fatter.   :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

I'm hoping when I get to your age, I'll be just as smart ;) :-*
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.