pics of the 66

OlDirtyJohn

Pics of the 65

OlDirtyJohn

One of the 60's

OlDirtyJohn

The other 60

mo65

That's a nice little stash of LBs John. I enhanced the color a bit on your LB 60 photo so you could see it has the "mottled" brown/black side plates, something less common on the 'beaches. It appears to be mid-40s period correct with the non-numbered parts, plastic spool, and smooth counter weight on the handle arm. Enjoy them! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

Nice group, John !  I wish I had one with the "mottled" look....all of mine are the "black" ones.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Bill B

John, your grandpa had good taste.  Good brace of Long Beaches.  Looks like your missing some stand screws on the 67.....Let me look when I get home, I may have some laying around I can send you N/C....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Benni3

Very cool mottled long beach,,mo,,,,,,,, ;D

milne

Great reels there John, thanks for showing them.

Mo, great eye !!   I didn't pick that up,  it sure does make that Longbeach that tad more special....

Col

OlDirtyJohn

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on October 15, 2019, 06:35:57 PM
John, your grandpa had good taste.  Good brace of Long Beaches.  Looks like your missing some stand screws on the 67.....Let me look when I get home, I may have some laying around I can send you N/C....Bill

WOW!! Thank you so much for the offer. That would be amazing. There is a small bag with a few extra cross bars, the real seat clamp for the 66 and the wrenches. I'm pretty sure those screws aren't in there though.

OlDirtyJohn

I already have penn reel grease, reel x oil, and cleaning supplies. I will be ordering all new drags from mystic for all of them. Any thoughts on application ideas and rods to pair them with? I build all my own rods.

Sharkb8

Nice collection of reels thanks for showing us them John

Kim

thorhammer

Quote from: OlDirtyJohn on October 17, 2019, 04:49:00 AM
I already have penn reel grease, reel x oil, and cleaning supplies. I will be ordering all new drags from mystic for all of them. Any thoughts on application ideas and rods to pair them with? I build all my own rods.

Being low gear, the LB's are generally best suited in bottom fishing or trolling applications- however I'm certain innumerable blues, sea bass and stripers have been diamond jigged with them also. As far as rods, depends if you want to fish or display, maybe...if you can find vintage Magnaflex, Senator, etc., wooden handled rods they look cool as paired, and still fish, if a bit heavy. If you build your own, just build to your application- your jigger wont be as HD as a trolling rod- the current ugly stick tiger jigging rod looks a bit retro and may work great with a 60 with the amber handle. Note, if you fish these, fill the spool up about a third with dacron or braid if you plan on mono. The three piece spools may separate under tension if spooled fully with mono.

best luck, show us what rods you come up with!

John