Made in USA ????

Started by Newell Nut, December 15, 2014, 01:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike1010

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on December 17, 2014, 05:32:13 AM
Quote from: Tightlines666 on December 17, 2014, 05:19:21 AM
Certainly not the line manufactures.  Especially when we are talking about breaking strength.

x2

Really?  I fish several different manufacturers' braids and copolymers, mostly in the 12 to 30 lb range, 50 for tog, and find rated breaking strength mostly to be under-rated.  Fluoro leader material is another story; there are some really over-rated products there.

--Mike

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Bryan Young

Is it possible that they cut the blank to make it a stiffer/stronger rod class?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Reel 224

Some time back I spoke to one of the tecks at StCroix about how they classify there rod blanks as to there action Light-Ex heavy. In essence it was how the blank flex's from handle to tip. at the handle would be light and as it progresses to the tip the heaver the action..so in my mind cutting off the butt end of a blank changes the action or flex point would in turn change the line weight. Not a professional opinion but more one of common sense approach.

Sticking with the original point of the author. We all should be able to trust the end seller to be honest with there claims of origin and performance. That is an ethical business practice.     
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Newell Nut

Quote from: Bryan Young on December 17, 2014, 04:03:49 PM
Is it possible that they cut the blank to make it a stiffer/stronger rod class?

No Bryan, it is a full 8 ft as manufactured.

Bryan Young

It's quite possible that the way they wrap it, guide placement (more guides), the rod can handle more than what the blank states.  But jumping up a line class may be stretching it a bit.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

SoCalAngler

Certainly not the line manufactures.  Especially when we are talking about breaking strength.

Unless you fish IGFA rated lines.

Reel 224

I hope your friend gets this worked out before fishing season starts again. :o ::)

Newell Nut

My buddy called Crowder and they were first in denial and then he gave them the blank model number that I found and then they occasionally use Rainshadow blanks and then they got off I was just a custom builder trying to get some business and then he told them that I recommended Crowder rods for his budget and then the guy got off on Bob Crowders pride in his products and more BS and basically got nowhere. I called and got voice mail and they did not call me back.

I will not send anyone else to them.

johndtuttle

Tightlines667

Quote from: SoCalAngler on December 18, 2014, 05:15:46 AM

Unless you fish IGFA rated lines.

Yep.  That's all I fished for years when we were targeting, and catching line class world records.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Reel 224

Quote from: Newell Nut on December 19, 2014, 02:49:46 AM
My buddy called Crowder and they were first in denial and then he gave them the blank model number that I found and then they occasionally use Rainshadow blanks and then they got off I was just a custom builder trying to get some business and then he told them that I recommended Crowder rods for his budget and then the guy got off on Bob Crowders pride in his products and more BS and basically got nowhere. I called and got voice mail and they did not call me back.

I will not send anyone else to them.

Doesn't surprise me. It's a shame that things like this are becoming common place these days.