113H Stainless Steel Dual Dog Bridge

Started by Black Pearl, December 17, 2014, 08:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Thanks for testing this for us, Sal.  Don't give up on this one, Alan... it's a winner when ya get it right! ;)
Looks cool as a cucumber 8)
Thanks for putting in the time... When Alan C. jumped on the scene I was going through it with a bunch of companies for about 9 months trying to have gears produced... I feel your pain!
Dom

fIsHsTiiCkS

Black Pearl

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on February 07, 2015, 02:07:27 PM
Any update on These?

There is no update yet since most of the factories are getting ready for Chinese New Year in Taiwan (long holiday).

Thanks,
--Alan

David Hall

I'm in for 4 and I don't mind grinding the plate at all.

Penn Chronology

QuoteWould you like to see how many emails go back and forth when a new custom part is in the works? You won't have enough time to read them this evening Grin.
I'm sure they'll get it right, this was their first shot at it and it might not be their last. This is normal. Wink

Sal,

I believe the amount of communication must be massive. A first is always tons of trail and error and then the final light bulb comes on and everyone sits around wondering why they did not think of that in the first place.

Anyways, this bridge looks great. I do not feel the problem you ran into is a problem, as many modern head plates are molded with the consideration of right or left hand drive position.  Here is the internal of the Accurate Head plate. it looks to me like the new double dog bridge will be a bolt in with this plate. I can't wait to try it.

Do you agree?

Tightlines667

Looks like I'm going to have to rewrite my budget.  Good thing it was only a 'working budget'.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Penn Chronology on February 11, 2015, 06:56:38 PM
QuoteWould you like to see how many emails go back and forth when a new custom part is in the works? You won't have enough time to read them this evening Grin.
I'm sure they'll get it right, this was their first shot at it and it might not be their last. This is normal. Wink

Sal,

I believe the amount of communication must be massive. A first is always tons of trail and error and then the final light bulb comes on and everyone sits around wondering why they did not think of that in the first place.

Anyways, this bridge looks great. I do not feel the problem you ran into is a problem, as many modern head plates are molded with the consideration of right or left hand drive position.  Here is the internal of the Accurate Head plate. it looks to me like the new double dog bridge will be a bolt in with this plate. I can't wait to try it.

Do you agree?
You are correct Mike, you should have no issues setting the new custom bridge in. With that said, they are trying to minimize problems for the future by trying to make one that will fit both style plates without modifications.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Penn Chronology

QuoteYou are correct Mike, you should have no issues setting the new custom bridge in. With that said, they are trying to minimize problems for the future by trying to make one that will fit both style plates without modifications.

Sal,

Thanks for the quick response. I think that fitting in a double dog on a right hand drive plate only will be a tall order. I do not see how that could be be done, but, I am not an engineer, so I will be watching.

I am in for one double dog bridge as soon as they become available.

Alto Mare

They do already fit with minimal grinding, but as I mentioned earlier, they want a drop in unit.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Penn Chronology

QuoteThey do already fit with minimal grinding, but as I mentioned earlier, they want a drop in unit.

OK, I understand. I will be waiting on line with everyone else. :)

Black Pearl

I just got this video this morning. We re-designed the right hand dog. It might look kind of skinny, but it will hold just fine. This one will fit both versions (old and new) of 113H sideplate.

The next step, I am going to ask my resource to send one sample to me and to have Sal checking it out.

In the meanwhile, if there is any question, please post it here and I will reply it.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Alan C.,

After seeing your video please put me in for 2 sets, thanks much!

BTW is there a pin on the dog for the spring?

Black Pearl

Quote from: MeL B on August 21, 2015, 01:06:45 PM
Alan C.,

After seeing your video please put me in for 2 sets, thanks much!

BTW is there a pin on the dog for the spring?

Hey,

Yes, we might have to make that dog pin little bit longer.

Thanks,
--Alan C

Aiala

Sweet...! I'll definitely buy at least one, probably more.

Love the little one giggling in the background!  ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Penn Chronology

My Accurate 113H is waiting for one of these. Thanks for the effort.