PENN PICTURE TAIL PLATES

Started by Penn Chronology, December 19, 2014, 03:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn Chronology

QuoteTrying to decide whether I should hang on to it or not...  Huh?

Those tail plates are both cool. Of course the 99 is the later model with Hershey kiss style clicker button. They are both worth keeping if you want shelfies. The 99 is a great reel to fish or put on the shelf.

Hard to say whether something is worth keeping or not. It is totally up to the individual and what you want.

Aiala

Quote from: Penn Chronology on September 16, 2015, 05:08:31 AM
Those tail plates are both cool. Of course the 99 is the later model with Hershey kiss style clicker button. They are both worth keeping if you want shelfies. The 99 is a great reel to fish or put on the shelf.

Thanks, Mike. You're right, the 99 is terrific to fish with; I'm currently in the process of color-blinging my third one!   :D

Which said, I'm not really a shelfie person (except for rare gems like that 49A) so I'd almost rather see the reel go to an angler who could put it to good use. Besides, I'm such a pack rat that if I ever started with shelfies I'd need a HUGE house and there's no way.   ::)  ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Penn Chronology

QuoteThanks, Mike. You're right, the 99 is terrific to fish with; I'm currently in the process of color-blinging my third one!   Cheesy

Which said, I'm not really a shelfie person (except for rare gems like that 49A) so I'd almost rather see the reel go to an angler who could put it to good use. Besides, I'm such a pack rat that if I ever started with shelfies I'd need a HUGE house and there's no way.   Roll Eyes  Grin

~A~

Customizing them is the real fun for me too. My problem is, when they come out really nice, I do not want to get salt water on them....<:O(

But I am going to break my own ""DON'T GET IT DIRTY RULE" and fish the last Jigmaster I converted with all the Tani innards.

A huge house simply mean huge cleaning ::)

Cortez_Conversions

I'd be really interested if someone could make me a .DXF file of some of this art work. Please PM me.
Thank you,
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

valkie

Hey Ailia;
Is that a UFO in the top right hand side of the etching on the Penn reel?
life's pretty dull without fishing

Dominick

Quote from: valkie on November 09, 2015, 04:36:00 AM
Hey Ailia;
Yep! what is it?  It does look like a flying saucer moving fast.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

Quote from: Dominick on November 09, 2015, 10:16:55 PM
Quote from: valkie on November 09, 2015, 04:36:00 AM
Hey, Aiala...
Yep! what is it?  It does look like a flying saucer moving fast.  Dominick

I've noticed this odd marking before, and frankly I haven't a clue as to what that mysterious object might represent. I don't have a magnifying glass handy, and my camera isn't really equipped for extreme closeups, but here's the best I could do:

Weird, huh?? Darn thing really does look like a UFO!  :o  Do any of you guys have a similarly-marked tail plate?  ???

~A~

Shark Hunter

Looking at Mike's on the first page. His doesn't have the flying saucer.
I thought it was just scratch marks at first.
Life is Good!

thorhammer

valkie

Apparently Alians like to fish as well.

That reel must have once been owned by one or was it an abduction?????

broadway

More like "Aialens", you know I couldn't help myself, Dominick. ;)
If you look close there is a sea gull making up the antenna. Someone clearly scratched that in, and so nicely put the hash marks behind it indicating forward motion.
Actually pretty good job and bonus points for creativity.
The conspiracy theorists on this site were about to have a field day with this one. ;D
Dom

valkie

The truth is out there.............................somewhere :o

Aiala

Quote from: broadway on November 10, 2015, 03:23:53 AM
More like "Aialens", you know I couldn't help myself, Dominick. ;)

Yikes, that is REALLY cringe-worthy, Dom! :D

But I honestly don't think it's a marked-over seagull. I'm going to examine it again once I get a magnifying glass.

As for UFO's, well, I know I've seen things I can't explain... hasn't anyone else?   ;)

~A~

Dominick

I have a theory.  I think the prior owner wanted to mark his reel so that he or she would be able to identify it.  He or she cleverly incorporated the V of the seagull's wings to etch a flying saucer.  Very clever and unique.  It sure beats etching a name or initials.  Enjoy it Aiala.  Dom that lousy pun made me cringe also.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Penn Chronology

I have carefully inspected both my early Silver Beach models, both of them seem to originate from the planet Earth. So, where does that leave us? Can we assume that there are now Penn reels that have been identified as alien reels.  I wonder if they are legal or illegal aliens. There seems to be no shortage of either these days.

No matter how many Penn mysteries I solve, there is always someone that comes up with a reel that is not of this world. :-\ :-\ :-\ :o :o :o

Stranger things have happened you know!!