PENN PICTURE TAIL PLATES

Started by Penn Chronology, December 19, 2014, 03:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

"Beam me up Scottie."   :D ;D :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

So I finally got hold of a magnifying glass, took a close look, and behold! It is definitely the work of some long-vanished jokester who, for reasons which will remain forever unknown, decided to etch a crude 1950's-style flying saucer into the Bakelite of his reel:

Maybe he was memorializing something he saw...  ::)  In any case, I sure would've liked to fish with this guy... clearly he was WAY out in left field! (But to some extent, aren't we all??)  :D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Penn Chronology

QuoteMaybe he was memorializing something he saw...  Roll Eyes  In any case, I sure would've liked to fish with this guy... clearly he was WAY out in left field! (But to some extent, aren't we all??)  Cheesy

I like that, yes we are all in "Left" Field, except Republicans, they are in "Right" Field. ;D

But, there is another consideration. Something that in my "Left Field" mind must be given a certain amount of credibility. That is, that just maybe, possibly  ::), another one of these will appear, with the exact same "Alien Craft" molded into the side plate. That will be a Game Changer. :o :o :o

Dominick

Quote from: Aiala on November 14, 2015, 04:55:37 PM
Maybe he was memorializing something he saw...  ::)  In any case, I sure would've liked to fish with this guy... clearly he was WAY out in left field! (But to some extent, aren't we all??)  :D
~A~
Perhaps he was able "to boldly go where no man has gone before."  Though "highly illogical."  * Star Trek :) Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Mike,
  Molded into the plate would be different than this one that's scratched into the plate. Yes, I know you were kidding ;D
Aiala, enjoy that "far out" reel.
Dom

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

valkie

Sooooo......we should disregard scratchings??

I Agree, all those scratchings on paper are just scratchings and we should negate the written word.

I for one think its a message from beyond.
Our Alien watchers are telling us to disregard all other worthless persuits and stick to fishing.
life's pretty dull without fishing

stoked4fishin

I'm going on the hunt for a 113 4/0 (black plates) for my collection.  Does anyone have pictures of the earliest version of the side plates?  Also, was there a version that had the feature of changing the drags from the outside like the 113H?
Thanks
Jeff

TomT

UFO= Unidentified Flying Object!!   ::) ;)   Problem solved--it is a UFO
TomT

Superhook

Quote from: stoked4fishin on January 23, 2016, 04:40:33 AM
I'm going on the hunt for a 113 4/0 (black plates) for my collection.  Does anyone have pictures of the earliest version of the side plates?  Also, was there a version that had the feature of changing the drags from the outside like the 113H?
Thanks
Jeff

Check out Page 2 of this posting . Mike's 4/0 shows the side plates that are unique to the first year of 4/0 production .

stoked4fishin

Thanks for pointing me to the right place!

Dominick

Quote from: Reel 224 on January 23, 2016, 01:19:48 PM
Quote from: Dominick on November 14, 2015, 06:19:04 PM
Quote from: Aiala on November 14, 2015, 04:55:37 PM
Maybe he was memorializing something he saw...  ::)  In any case, I sure would've liked to fish with this guy... clearly he was WAY out in left field! (But to some extent, aren't we all??)  :D
~A~
Perhaps he was able "to boldly go where no man has gone before."  Though "highly illogical."  * Star Trek :) Dominick

By any chance are you a Trekkie Dominick ??? :o

Joe 
No Joe there is an assortment of trivial junk floating around in the brain.  Sometimes it comes to the fro when needed.  Most of it is useless.  I don't think I watched more than 3 or 4 shows ever.  Dominick

Aiala

Quote from: Dominick on January 25, 2016, 01:06:34 AMI don't think I watched more than 3 or 4 shows ever.  Dominick

Heresy!  :o

You are clearly not one of the Metrons.  ::)

~A~

Dominick

Gorgons comes to mind.  Is there such a thing?  Dominick

Aiala

Quote from: Dominick on January 25, 2016, 01:24:55 AM
Gorgons comes to mind.  Is there such a thing?  Dominick

There is indeed (e.g. Medusa), but Captain Kirk battled a Gorn;)

~A~