alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Coloured Penn Reels
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
February 22, 2019, 04:50:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coloured Penn Reels  (Read 43052 times)
Alto Mare

Southeastern Pennsylvania

« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2019, 06:40:41 AM »

I believe you are correct Chris.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
sdlehr

« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2019, 07:03:09 AM »

I could be wrong but I feel like this is the same green used on the green 4/0 in the penn headquarters. Mike or anybody can you confirm?
I believe you are correct Chris.

Sal
x2, I saw it in person as well, at the same time Sal did, actually! I think Martha Henze had a green reel that sold in the big auction in the early 2000s, that was another Senator, I think, but I think the same color.

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector
broadway
Sensei

Broadway Dom, New York City

« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2019, 12:15:42 PM »

It's possible, Chris but, to tell that would take a look at the insides of both of the reels side plates (tony you wanna crack that thing open for us Grin.)  The one in the factory doesn't look like it's seen much sunlight and is very shiny is why I say that. They both are a dark "hunter green."
No matter what I say SCORE!
Dom
Penn Chronology
Photo Group

« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2019, 11:44:30 PM »

Thank you guys very much! This is a different color green than we are used to seeing on the later monofills and Peer reels. I could be wrong but I feel like this is the same green used on the green 4/0 in the penn headquarters. Mike or anybody can you confirm?

This color looks to be very early. Long before the Monofils. I feel this reel is one of the special order reels that were being used for the rental businesses at the California Piers. Sort of like the green used on this late 1930's Sea Ford.

* Sea Ford #70--1.jpg (174.28 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 5 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: