Red 9/0 Senator "Big Red"

Started by broadway, December 22, 2014, 09:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Mike, thanks for doing this.  It would be a shame not to have photos of Big Red in this thread.  We have enrolled many members since Dom originally posted the photos of Big Red.  Now all members new and old may look upon that gorgeous reel.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Dominick on July 20, 2020, 07:06:57 PM
Mike, thanks for doing this.  It would be a shame not to have photos of Big Red in this thread.  We have enrolled many members since Dom originally posted the photos of Big Red.  Now all members new and old may look upon that gorgeous reel.  Dominick

Who is Mike?

thorhammer

Randy, we have a lot of Mike's and Dominick (not Dominic) has a lot of birthdays. He just defaults to Mike. :)

Having the privilege of meeting both, gents all the way...as are YOU!

Agree 100%, that reel's image must be kept alive!!!!

Dominick

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on July 20, 2020, 07:10:27 PM
Quote from: Dominick on July 20, 2020, 07:06:57 PM

Who is Mike?
Randy, my apologies I had Mike Capiciollo (too lazy to look up the correct spelling) in mind when I posted.  Sorry.  Dom if you have the original photos I would appreciate it if you would email them to me.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

No problem Dominick.  I think that those photos are copies of Dom's originals from many years ago.  Do you want me to email them to you?

broadway

Always appreciate your guys love for "Big Red" ...I will get On this tomorrow as jack is going to his friends pool with momma tomorrow. I took him to the beach all day today and I am whipped.  It was 100 degrees but we didn't feel it while in the water for 5 hours. Love hanging with my little guy.
Had his tonsils out last week and is kicking butt this week. 8)
Sure wish Big Red can talk.
Best,
Dom

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on July 21, 2020, 02:11:40 AM
Always appreciate your guys love for "Big Red" ...I will get On this tomorrow as jack is going to his friends pool with momma tomorrow. I took him to the beach all day today and I am whipped.  It was 100 degrees but we didn't feel it while in the water for 5 hours. Love hanging with my little guy.
Had his tonsils out last week and is kicking butt this week. 8)
Sure wish Big Red can talk.
Best,
Dom

Glad you are spending some quality times with your boy, they won't forget!

I spent some quality time with my boy Anthony last week.
I mentioned my situation to the marina, where my boat has been stored for the past 11 years and never missed a payment.
I asked for a little discount, since I wouldn't be using the boat this year, he told me it was still going to be full price.
This didn't sit well with me, so me and Anthony headed out and got the boat out of there.
He's 22 and told me it was his best day ever having me to himself🙂.
They don't forget buddy...keep it up!😉

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

The Legendary Big Red Machine!
Life is Good!

broadway

Big D to the rescue!
Thanks Daron... miss you bud.

thorhammer

dunno whats better- big red or hearing from my brutha from anutha mutha in KY. The latter. Hope ya'll are doing ok up there, my man!

Dom, as sweet as BiG Red is, hoping you guys are staying safe in Manhattan. I gotta get back up there in the next few months; maybe we can grab a bite!

mo65

I never get tired of gazing at this reel. 8)

P.S. Can somebody sticky this thread?
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Penn Chronology

I do not usually use the word "Rare", but in this case, this red reel is rare. Still the only one I have ever seen, even Herbert was impressed.