Accurate DPX2-600W Information/Discussion

Started by HiloDB1, December 25, 2014, 12:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiloDB1

I will have to verify this as BFG had me waiting for months to have the green reels produced. If they had them in stock I would think it wouldn't have taken months for them to ship out. But again I'll have to verify.

HiloDB1

Ok so here is a side by side pic of the AR bearing that is installed in my reel and the stainless steel one I bought from Accurate.

As far as I can tell they are the same bearing and have the same marking on them.  So in my humble opinion they are the same.

HiloDB1

Went to get my reel spooled this past weekend.  I wanted to do a braid with top shot of mono for the area Ill be fishing.  I figured I'd do about 150~200 yards of 65# Power Pro with a top shot of 50# mono to fill the spool.    Based on the information I could gather off the internet and Accurates website I thought I would end up with about 350 yards total line.  Well apparently the 530 yards of 65# Spectra spec listed on Accurates website is wrong or something because I ended up with 150 yards of 65# Power Pro and 275 yards of 50# mono.  That would be over 800 yards of 65# Spectra.  There still is about 1/8" of the spool left so its not overfilled as far as I can tell.  Anyone else know what the actual line capacity is for an Accurate 600W reel?

johndtuttle

Quote from: HiloDB1 on January 30, 2015, 08:53:17 PM
Went to get my reel spooled this past weekend.  I wanted to do a braid with top shot of mono for the area Ill be fishing.  I figured I'd do about 150~200 yards of 65# Power Pro with a top shot of 50# mono to fill the spool.    Based on the information I could gather off the internet and Accurates website I thought I would end up with about 350 yards total line.  Well apparently the 530 yards of 65# Spectra spec listed on Accurates website is wrong or something because I ended up with 150 yards of 65# Power Pro and 275 yards of 50# mono.  That would be over 800 yards of 65# Spectra.  There still is about 1/8" of the spool left so its not overfilled as far as I can tell.  Anyone else know what the actual line capacity is for an Accurate 600W reel?

Its kinda impossible to answer due to the American system of rating lines. Many companies produce a "65lb" rated braid for example, but if you compare them the thickness of the line varies tremendously as well as the Actual Breaking Strength (ABS) tested on a real machine for the job.

The Japanese system is to actually standardize the *thickness* of the line so if it is "PE4" line then it is a precise thickness. Then, when any company says their reel holds 500m of PE4 then it most certainly hits that number.

Go to a website by a really good egg by the name of Paulus called "justfishing". He tests line from all over the world with a very good protocol and needless to say the results are comical as the marketing of line in America is so out of control. One company's 20lb braid is as thick as another company's 40lb braid and the 20 tests stronger etc etc.

The American line rating system is just garbage more or less and unless you use the exact same line as the reel manufacturer used and the same spooling process your resulting capacity can vary enormously.