Daiwa Sealine X40HA Handle Upgrade

Started by SantaBarbarian, December 26, 2014, 08:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SantaBarbarian

I have a 1st generation X40HA with the counterbalance handle that I am constantly grabbing the wrong end. I would like to replace it with another handle. Does anyone know of an aftermarket outfitter that would carry a handle and arm that would fit this reel?

Thanks,
Gary

alantani

usually what i do is drill out the old grip and bolt on one of my larger grips.  you keep the same arm, just change out the grip. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SantaBarbarian

Thanks for the reply Alan and that would be an option except the arm has a funky counterbalance on the other end that really gets in the way. Diawa changed the arms deleting the counterbalance on later models but I was looking for an arm and handle that wouldn't break the bank. I found some for saltiest reels and was wondering if the arms would also work on my Sealine.

LTM

Ive done alot of handle changes with Daiwa and other reels. This handle will fit as long as you use Shimano hardware (nut, retainer, retainer screw): http://www.ebay.com/itm/301045904998?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

The Saltist handle will fit as long as the correct/compatible hardware is used.

Leo

SantaBarbarian

Thanks Leo,

This looks like it will fit what I'm looking for.

vilters

here's an option. I don't like these handles either, so on my 40hv, I switched it out for one from a penn trq-40. p/n 1229501. a cap 110a 555,  and screw 32-15, from the mag 525 worked on it. total cost was under $25 for a nice upgrade, I now have more upgrades planned for this reel...

steelfish

Quote from: vilters on January 11, 2015, 07:43:41 AM
here's an option. I don't like these handles either, so on my 40hv, I switched it out for one from a penn trq-40. p/n 1229501. a cap 110a 555,  and screw 32-15, from the mag 525 worked on it. total cost was under $25 for a nice upgrade, I now have more upgrades planned for this reel...

old old thread but this is awesome, I have the same reel 40HV and as well I didnt like the stock handle but since I dont use the reel that much I never changed it, I happen to have an extra fathom handle assembly, I will do the same handle swap
The Baja Guy

ez2cdave

Quote from: steelfish on October 28, 2021, 06:40:28 PM
old old thread but this is awesome, I have the same reel 40HV and as well I didnt like the stock handle but since I dont use the reel that much I never changed it, I happen to have an extra fathom handle assembly, I will do the same handle swap

Useful information is never "old" . . . History is "old", but those who choose to ignore it are doomed to repeat it ( usually the bad parts ) . . . NEVER forget History or useful fishing information !

Tight Lines !

Dave F.

steelfish

Quote from: ez2cdave on November 29, 2021, 05:58:19 PM
Quote from: steelfish on October 28, 2021, 06:40:28 PM

Useful information is never "old" . . . History is "old", but those who choose to ignore it are doomed to repeat it ( usually the bad parts ) . . . NEVER forget History or useful fishing information !

Tight Lines !

Dave F.

totally agree with you amigo, thats the reason I posted on the thread so, it will appear again on the "recent news" and more people will check it out, I could just read it and use the idea but that would have kept it on the archives that no many like to search for information.
The Baja Guy