Calcutta 200B performance upgrades

Started by Desert Guy, January 03, 2015, 07:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

My old 250's cast great! I have them loaded with 12# and use them for fishing Calicos with plastics. These are real easy to open up and replace the drags... just do it yourself. Alan has a tutorial on servicing a 250 and even without it, it's easy to do. Take off the handle, loosen the screws, lift off the sideplate and there is the main gear. A 200 is the same as the 250, they just changed the model # to standardize the names of their reels that are that size.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

handi2

Quote from: Desert Guy on January 07, 2015, 03:12:43 AM
Looks like he isn't in business anymore. Website down and no active email.

Where do you live? I get reels shipped to me all the time. I will do the labor for free and have the bearings and drags on hand.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Desert Guy

Sorry for not responding back earlier. I'm in Arizona and  I see you are in Florida. I could probably send it out tomorrow or Friday. How busy are you? What do you think it would take for you to turn it around, I'll be in Louisiana next week so I could have you send it there.

handi2

Quote from: Desert Guy on January 22, 2015, 12:42:42 AM
Sorry for not responding back earlier. I'm in Arizona and  I see you are in Florida. I could probably send it out tomorrow or Friday. How busy are you? What do you think it would take for you to turn it around, I'll be in Louisiana next week so I could have you send it there.

I can do it as soon as it's received. No charge for labor just parts which is minimal. New bearings, Carbontex drags. I'll use orange seal ABEC7 ceramic hybrid.

Keith Rawson
1311 Soundview Trail
Gulf Breeze, FL

850 712-1650 texting is better so I don't lose your information.
Gulf Breeze, FL

Desert Guy