Quantum Cabo 100 and 120

Started by Tailin strange, January 06, 2015, 06:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pierce

One of the tackle store do ship to Brunei with minimal shipping charge, that why I am interest in the Cat (Europe version of Offshore, I guess).

Porthos

No luck from Australia, New Zealand, or Hong Kong?

Pierce

AUS & NZ Cabo 100/120 either mostly all out (models till size 80 still available) or don't ship to Brunei, may be due to discontinue. Never try HK yet.

But nevertheless, already pull the trigger and ordered a Cat lol.......

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Pierce on March 27, 2019, 11:33:10 PM
Shark Hunter,

Cat look same as Offshore, not Cabo or Boca.
I have one of those too and it is a beast. Very Heavy. The Cat's spool doesn't look like it holds that much line.
You are limited to your availability and I understand.
Life is Good!

Pierce

Shark Hunter,

Not this version, I am comparing to the NEW version.

Notice the "protruding stern" is no longer there for the bigger version of the offshore.  Same as the Cat 4105.

Not only I am limited to my availability, reels here in my country get chuck away (dump/throw) once broken n buy new one as there is actually non service center here for reels.  Luckly, so far my reels are all well look after.  Oldest reels are Bando SX3000 (now Banax) and Penn Spinfisher 9500SS, which I still use them today lol.........

Pierce

Hi,
For those using Cabo 120, you guys use Mono or Braid for the reel? Thanks.

Porthos

Solid braid to mono/fluoro topshot. Hollow core connection with nubs, nail knots, and glue.

Pierce

Ok, thanks.

Is there any reason/s on why the Cabo 100 & 120 were discontinue? Such a great reel but Quantum choose to shut them down.  May be a PTSF coming out soon?

Jeri

Appreciate that you might have already ordered, but have you tried any of the mail order tackle shops in South Africa, as they are still available down here. Most folks are still using them after 3-4 years of hard use on sharks and the like.

Pierce

Haven't try any online from S.Africa.  Any recommendation?  At the moment, try my luck in e-bay & hope they got shipping to Brunei.  Thanks.

Jeri

Google 'Tackle Shops' 'co,za', should give you a load of results, most will post/freight overseas . Brunei shouldn't be an issue at all.

Hope that helps.

Pierce

Thank for the tips.  Will sure look around co,za tackle stores for purchase. 

CapeFish

I had a quick look at some of our bigger online stores - Ganis, Fishingstore.co.za and Basil Manning all seem out of stock. I am not sure if some of the shops may still have them and will be prepared to ship to where you are.

Pierce

Finally ordered and arrived.  Rhino Black Cat Extreme, but the reel feet stamp is Fin Nor.

Alan Hawk review of the Fin Nor Offshore got print "China", mine got none so not sure this reel is Made In Where????

Porthos

"Rhino" is a Zebco-owned brand and so is Quantum and Fin Nor:

If the Offshore is Made-in-China, then all bets that the Black Cat is too.

Unclear why an additional rebrand is needed in Europe but that's Zebco's prerogative for whatever reason.

IMHO, the Fin Nor jumping marlin looks cooler than the Rhino catfish... :D

More likely than not, the internals are the same, and you can probably chase down Fin Nor Offshore spare parts easier than Rhino Black Cat ones...good luck on your catches.