A Winter Project

Started by Penn Chronology, January 09, 2015, 03:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackerman

Wow, i am really diggin that star wheel! Its pretty!

Penn Chronology

QuoteWow, i am really diggin that star wheel! Its pretty!

Me Too!! ;D

coastal_dan

Agreed, the star is gorgeous! 
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

broadway

Adam outdid himself on that one;)
Dom

Penn Chronology

QuoteAgreed, the star is gorgeous!  

It is neat.

Dan,

I meant to ask you, what's with the crazy face? It sort of looks like you just sat in a bucket of chum. ;D

Penn Chronology

QuoteAdam outdid himself on that one;)
Dom

Yes, he really did a fine job machining that star. I am very grateful for that. I suspect my final step in this putting this reel together will be to get a Lexan plinth to display it on. :)

Aiala

Quote from: Penn Chronology on February 09, 2015, 04:38:32 PM

Yes, he really did a fine job machining that star.

Mike, was that a one-off custom job just for you, or are they available for purchase by us civilians?   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Penn Chronology

QuoteMike, was that a one-off custom job just for you, or are they available for purchase by us civilians?   Smiley

I would never presume to answer that. I think you would have to ask Adam.  Here is where I found his phenomenal stuff, < http://motivefab.com/products-page/pennreels >

Maxed Out

That star is no good Mike ;)....just send it to me and I'll find it a home ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Penn Chronology

QuoteThat star is no good Mike Wink....just send it to me and I'll find it a home Grin

I seem to remember someone saying something to the effect of having to pry something he really valued from his cold, dead hands. I am not a Hollywood kind of guy and usually do not get that dramatic about things, but in this case, well, you know what I mean............................ ;)

Maxed Out

Quote from: Penn Chronology on February 09, 2015, 07:45:36 PM

I seem to remember someone saying something to the effect of having to pry something he really valued from his cold, dead hands. I am not a Hollywood kind of guy and usually do not get that dramatic about things, but in this case, well, you know what I mean............................ ;)

Wink Wink..........Gotcha Mike

That accurate is going to be a headturner when you are done with the build. You might consider some "hazard to rubber neckers" insurance, cause I think you'll need it. :D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Three se7ens

Quote from: Aiala on February 09, 2015, 05:58:24 PM
Quote from: Penn Chronology on February 09, 2015, 04:38:32 PM

Yes, he really did a fine job machining that star.

Mike, was that a one-off custom job just for you, or are they available for purchase by us civilians?   :)

~A~

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=10468.0

Theres the thread showing the process of machining those stars.

They were originally a special request from Dom, and I have made a few extras along the way.  These are very labor intensive, and to cover my time, I would have to charge way more than something like that is worth.  So they arent really for sale, except for very special builds.

I do have drag stars for the 113H available(need to update my site, I have 6 at the moment), but they are waterjet cut from flat sheet. 

Penn Chronology

QuoteThese are very labor intensive, and to cover my time, I would have to charge way more than something like that is worth.  So they arent really for sale, except for very special builds.

Adam,

Thank you very much for the part. I appreciate it deeply.

Mike C.

broadway

How it started was when I was looking for a heavy duty star that wouldn't be so tough on the fingers when cranked down, and of course, it should look good too.
I had explained that I was looking for a Shimano conquest-type star drag, and Adam took it from there making it even better than the conquest star and it's stainless.
Dave (Jurelometer) made a really cool one out of aluminum that really feels nice, but he is a busy man that was just playing around with his skills.  We've got some serious talent on this site...it's overwhelming at times.
Thanks for the drags they work and feel great,
Dom

Aiala

Quote from: Three se7ens on February 09, 2015, 10:11:54 PM
These are very labor intensive, and to cover my time, I would have to charge way more than something like that is worth.  So they aren't really for sale, except for very special builds.

Ah, well. Too bad, but perfectly understandable.   :-\

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D