I'm in for 1 please!

thanks,  ..  Lou

borchcl

Fishy247

joel8080

Oceanside,California

JRD

Black Pearl

Here is the SS 112H double Dog bridge. It is going to ship to Sal for testing.

kmstorm64

Count me in for three when you make the production run.

Thanks
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

Reel 224

One for me also...................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

I received the 112H bridge for testing

Unfortunately the curved dog on the right and the pin for the spring on the left are hitting the plate.

To make the custom bridge work it requires a little grinding as I'm showing with the arrows

It's approx.3/8" on the right and about 1/8" on the left.
Considering how easy everything else would follow, I personally could deal with it, but not sure about the rest of you guys.
Also, keep in mind these small details could be ironed out when the aluminum plates become available.
The screws line up perfectly after the minor grinding and everything is working nicely.

I spoke with Alan, it is now up to him if he wants to proceed with these.

I just received the latest 112H double dog bridge.

The dog pin showing on the right has been moved up a little and the dog itself has been modified.

The spring pin I'm pointing with the arrow will hit a little on some plates, all you need to do is remove a tiny bit of material there, everything else should work as it should.

This bridge does not need any modification when used in Tom's custom plates.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

JRD

Dont tease us - spill the beans!  Whats up with the drilled main gear???

Black Pearl

Since it is not a dropped in item, I don't know if I should make this item.

xjchad

Sal,
I'm a little concerned with the angle of engagement of the dog on the right.  It looks like if there's a bit of flex or wear there could be the possibilty of the tooth forcing it backward and binding.  Probably not, but if it's possible, it might be good to move the dog pivot pin a bit as shown. 
What do you think?

Alan,
Don't be discouraged from selling these just yet.  This is a prototype, I'm sure you'll get a lot of input here that might help fine tune the design.  ;)
Husband, Father, Fisherman

RowdyW

Alan, can't it be redesigned to fit a factory original side plate? A 112h plate is a larger diameter plate then a jigmaster plate.         Rudy

Alto Mare

Quote from: RowdyW on August 10, 2018, 05:55:39 PM
Alan, can't it be redesigned to fit a factory original side plate? A 112h plate is a larger diameter plate then a jigmaster plate.         Rudy
Anything can be redisigned, but is it worth it for the guy doing this? Alan is always trying to keep cost down, so I'm not sure.
If you look at the first pic, the one I'm showing 4 bridge, I already marked the spot that would make it a drop in unit, but again it might be more than what Alan would want to do on this one.
Alan is using the Jigmaster bridge and repositioning the top two holes...very clever if you ask me.
The 112h would use the same dogs as the jigmaster, I call that a good thing.
Quote from: xjchad on August 10, 2018, 05:54:33 PM
Sal,
I'm a little concerned with the angle of engagement of the dog on the right.  It looks like if there's a bit of flex or wear there could be the possibilty of the tooth forcing it backward and binding.  Probably not, but if it's possible, it might be good to move the dog pivot pin a bit as shown. 
What do you think?

Alan,
Don't be discouraged from selling these just yet.  This is a prototype, I'm sure you'll get a lot of input here that might help fine tune the design.  ;)
I hear you Chad, but you have nothing to worry about. these Jigmasters have been fished for 4-5 years now with no issues on that dog.
If you use the 8 tooth gear sleeve, that dog makes better contact, but both work just fine.

Quote from: JRD on August 10, 2018, 02:39:50 PM
Dont tease us - spill the beans!  Whats up with the drilled main gear???
Drilled gears were supposed to go in production, for the Jigmaster and the 113H. During tests, I noticed the washer for under the gear was getting damaged, so Alan decided to scrap those.
I have a couple of both and made them work, but required lots of sanding at the bottom and around the holes.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.