Penn 112h double dog bridges

Started by jigmaster501, January 11, 2015, 02:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

Ok cool Sal, makes sense to me  :)
Thanks for clearing that up!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Reel 224

Personally I don't care if I have to do some fitting. I just want to get on with it. I have seen what manufacturers say about drop in parts for guns. Well it's not as simple as drop and go, most times you have to alter or at least fit the part to that particulate gun.

It takes time to make parts that are every thing fits all, and time is money..............................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

Yup! I'm with you on this one Joe.
I have 112h's with double dogs, trying to cover the spring on those is easier said than done.
I would not mind doing a little grinding, it actually only takes a couple of minutes, especially now that I've found where it was hitting.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

I would rather refit the dogs if it is a matter of shortening the original dogs. It's easier to file or grind the dogs a little then dremeling out the plates. Or even make different dogs for the 112h. It shouldn't cost any more then the jigmaster bridges which had to be designed from scratch. They are going to have to make the plate anyhow so putting the pins in a different location will involve the same amount of time & material as when they manufactured the jigmaster bridge. As I said I would rather have a drop in bridge with minor fitting. I'm in if a little filing is needed but I'm out if I have to cutout the sideplates. Interchangeability is the name of the game for more sales. JMO

JRD

It looks like the plate work is alot less than double dogging on the bridge screws.  It understandable that alan is hesitant to put a product out there that isnt a drop in.  There will always be the guys that will complain if it doesn't work without tweaking.  There are far fewer 112Hs then Jiggies and the development cost may not be worth it. 

I've wanted yoke and eccentric plates for squidder, surfmasters so I sent out for a few bids on hardened stainless parts 200  quantity each.  The cost with samples, QC and customs was crazy.  So I appreciate Alan's investment in bringing after market parts to market for us to pimp our reels out.

Having said that I would still take two and do the plate work.

Black Pearl

I was going to stamp out the plate, but it has to be around 1000 pieces, and it is not worth it. So, the alternative processing will be machine cut. The cost will be higher. It will be around $49.00 each.

Let see who would like to order it I will need the payment up front before I confirm this item is a go.

Let me know.

RowdyW

Alan, which way are you looking to go? Cutting the side plate or drop in?       Rudy

Swami805

Put me down for 1 for my narrow 3/0. I up for a little plate grinding. Let me know when you need the $. Thanks Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Black Pearl

Quote from: RowdyW on August 11, 2018, 04:33:31 AM
Alan, which way are you looking to go? Cutting the side plate or drop in?       Rudy

Cutting the sideplate.

Reel 224

Alan: If you have one more of the test DD 112 like you sent Sal. I will take it and fit it to my reel. Let me know. You can call me if you want.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Black Pearl

Quote from: Reel 224 on August 11, 2018, 03:23:59 PM
Alan: If you have one more of the test DD 112 like you sent Sal. I will take it and fit it to my reel. Let me know. You can call me if you want.

Joe

Hi Joe,

I don't have any. Sorry!

Fishy247

I'm still in for 2 either way. If I have to carve the sideplate, so be it. The modification will be on the inside, so I'm the only one that will see it.

I'm really getting into this whole hot-rodding gig and am having a blast challenging myself in new ways...

Thanks again for creating these really awesome products!

Mike

CooldadE

I'm in for at least 1 of these...

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Black Pearl

I might just make the sideplates for 112H. We shall see....

CooldadE

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...