Fin-Nor Santiago 50

Started by mrfish74, January 11, 2015, 08:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrfish74

HI guys, im attempting to do a service on a santiago 50. I need some advice on getting the link shaft out? There's obviously some neat little trick to it that i havent worked out yet? Not your normal tiagra setup!

any advice would be great!

Tightlines667

Grip the shaft with a small needle nose, and unscrew the shift button (counterclockwise).  Then you can more easily access the trip holder assembly.  You need to use a small screwdriver or scribe to seperate the trip plates from the coil springs enough to pull the assembly up and off of the shaft.  Be careful not to lose the springs here   Then pry the handle nut retainer up and off, and loosen the handle nut.  You can then remove the handle arm, and shield, then the c clip.  If you do decide to tackle the 2-speed mech, be sure to maintain the proper orientation of the parts, and use light lube when reassembling.  Everything should be pretty straight forward from there.  Hope that helps.  Lmk if you have any other questions regarding servicing this great little reel.

You can find any parts you need right here...

http://www.tackleservice.com/Consumer/product_detail_m.aspx?productid=3329

BTW the schematic is attached below as well.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

mrfish74

Ok, thankyou very much!

I'd assumed the button would unscrew by looking at the schematic but wasnt sure how much pressure it'd take to crack it. I'll have to try again now you have confirmed my suspicions.

cheers again  ;)