custom stainless steel shimano arms (updated january 2015)

Started by alantani, January 20, 2015, 07:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: alantani on December 25, 2018, 10:45:01 PM
both of my grips are larger and offset.  the hole for the handle grip is 3/16ths of an inch, so it will accommodate plenty of aftermarket grips!   i can send just the arm if you wish.  then all you need do is pick a grip.  smoothdrag.com has a bunch.  take a look there.  amazon has them as well! 

I'd rather have a Tani grip. I have about 6 already but I thought I could get away with something smaller for a TLD10. Please send me one with your smaller offset. I'll PM you payment info.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Frank

Please also add a Tani reel wrench to my order. Thanks.

Frank
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Eddy

Hi Alan,

Do you know if off-set handle arms are being made by anyone for the Penn Torque TRQ25B reel which has an 8x5mm hole for the main gear sleeve?

Derek.

alantani

i don't believe so.  it would be nice, because there is a fair amount of flex in the arm.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jonrx7

I love to fish. Enjoy life as it comes to you. Follow your PASSION.

redsetta

Hi Alan,
I'd completely forgotten that you did arms/handles for the TLD two-speeds.
I assume these would fit the old Beastmaster 30/50 and 50/80?
Or would I be better off just drilling out the existing handles and upgrading to a 5/0 on the stock arm?
Thanks, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

they do.  they will fit anything with a similar style shifter. 

duckboat

Picked up 4 of the TLD 25 handles and they are fantastic.  Both the materials and workmanship are first class. It's going to be like fishing new reels.
Thanks Alan

alantani

glad that you like them.  any problems ever, please let me know!

Brendan

I dug an old TSM2 out of moth balls last summer. Alan do you know if one of these would work for that reel?
Thank you, Brendan.

alantani

yup.  the stainless steel arm for the tld 15 would work, but there might have to be some modifications.  i'd have to look at it to be sure.  been a while since i've looked at one of these reels.