accurate service intervals

Started by alantani, November 05, 2010, 03:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

Hi Alan,

I just have a question for you. Someone on a Norwegian fishing forum I requent is stating that accurate have very short service intervals. Do you have any opinions on that?

Cheers,
Dan

that is unfortunately true.  accurate has made progress in some areas and not in others.  they finally started greasing their drag washers.  they also now add grease to their screws.  before that, their reels would seize up and basically become a solid block of aluminum.  they also now soak their anti-reverse roller bearings in corrosion x.  these now last much longer.  so you can see that their older reels would have a few problems. 

the area were they still have problems is with their bearings.  all bearings are shielded and oiled, so they corrode it salt water gets inside.  remove the shields of the spool bearings and you can retain good freespool and the bearings will last longer (but not forever).  pack the non-spool bearings with grease they will last for years.  i have a full set of accurate two speeds.  i will keep the larger ATD's but i am planning to get rid of the smaller boss two speeds.  they are too much work to maintain.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

serviola

Good Morning Alan,

i just started in an german forum a new Tread about problems with some Jigging Reels from Accu. Spanish friends have broken carbon drags, destroyed bearings and often problems with free spool. They rinse regular after every fishing trip and there equipment has a very good and clean look. No Monster fishes on!!!

Is there more information about these problems, because it looks like, that they are not the only ones. he reels are less than one year old.

Also the big ones make problems while missing conservation.

THX
Jürgen

alantani

the new ones already have greased carbon fiber drags.  that leaves the bearings, but accurate believes that their bearings are fine. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

serviola

Man at work,

Alan, always online, night and day. ;D

THX for fast response. Lokk at this:
http://www.norwegen-angelforum.net/forum/showthread.php/accurate_probleme-38549p2.html

Very nice pic. Impressive! it's one out of three. Closed drag chamber for more corrosion. What's in never come out.

That seems to be the wrong way.

TL

Juergen