The Plinths

Started by Shark Hunter, February 02, 2015, 01:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 06, 2015, 06:50:13 AM
Aiala,
Your Plinth is Leaving Kentucky Tomorrow to Palm Springs. Its 11 Degrees here tonight. You might have to warm it up a tad. Enjoy it!
Mike, I'm not happy with yours and am going to redo it. It was nice and level until I added the 12/0. It is sagging a little on the back end. I haven't made any of these for a while.
3/8" Acrylic can hold up a 12 lb 14/0 without any issues. Besides, I want to make you another for your 9/0 too. The simple bend of the thicker material allows me to fit two in the same box.
Good Luck to you on your hectic week and my Best wishes to Jan. ;)

Thank you Daron, there is no hurry, whenever you have the time.

And thank you also for your thoughts for Jan, it be nice for her when today is over.

The only two good days this week will be Saturday, (if I get to work on my reels as planned) and Sunday my birthday (just beer, food and merriment) yo! ho! ho! and a bottle of rum  ;D

Take care my friend

Mike.

Aiala

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 06, 2015, 06:50:13 AM
Aiala, Your Plinth is Leaving Kentucky Tomorrow to Palm Springs.

Yay!! Thanks a million, Mr. Shark, I can't wait to see it!   :D

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 06, 2015, 06:50:13 AMIt's 11 Degrees here tonight. You might have to warm it up a tad.

Not a problem, it's 84° outside. I'll enjoy it immensely, I promise. I'll post pics as soon as my 4/0 is mounted.  ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

coastal_dan

Rather than starting a new thread I figured I'd add some more Plinth ideas here...We have a ton of scrap metal at the shop, so I sheared some of it and break-formed a few different ideas, so far these two are mounted up...still need to sand and paint them but you get the idea.  Thanks to Daron for starting the idea with bending up the acrylic  ;D

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Nice work Dan - particularly like the angled version.
Cheers for sharing, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Aiala

It arrived! Here is my silver-and-purple Senator 113H displayed on Mr. Shark's fabulous plinth:

I can't envision a more appropriate and stylish addition to my décor... Thank you so much, Daron! You are the plinth MAN!  :D

~A~

Shark Hunter

Glad you like it. My Pleasure. ;D
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Looks awesome!  That reel is quite the looker!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Tightlines667

Nice looking reel.  I have been considering de iating from my typical black or black n gold color scheme on my next personal jigmaster build.  I was thinking purple and white, or purple and silver.  Seeing this one, kinda solidifies my thoughts.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Bryan Young

Dan, Dan, the Plinth Man.

All these reels look too pretty to fish.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Thanks for the photo Aiala.  Beautiful reel.  I also like your choice of books.  Have you gotten into Michael Connelly and the Harry Bosch series?  Amazon just got through making a series for streaming which starts Friday.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

coastal_dan

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 11, 2015, 04:53:30 PM

I just stole Daron's idea but used a different material and shape....kudos all around! ;D
Dan from Philadelphia...

Aiala

Quote from: Dominick on February 11, 2015, 04:59:47 PM
Thanks for the photo Aiala.  Beautiful reel.  I also like your choice of books.  Have you gotten into Michael Connelly and the Harry Bosch series?  Amazon just got through making a series for streaming which starts Friday.  Dominick

Dom, I've read everything by Connelly, including Bosch and the Lincoln Lawyer books. Good stuff, if something less than serious lit.  ;)

I've watched the Amazon pilot twice, already have the show programmed into my DVR. Not crazy about Titus Welliver as Harry, but will reserve judgement for now.   :)

~A~

Tightlines667

Quote from: coastal_dan on February 11, 2015, 06:41:25 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on February 11, 2015, 04:53:30 PM

I just stole Daron's idea but used a different material and shape....kudos all around! ;D

I think a gold-plated or gold anodized plith would be most appropriate for that International.  Or maybe wood to match the older handles?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.