The Plinths

Started by Shark Hunter, February 02, 2015, 01:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Aiala and Jerseymic,
I made your plinths this afternoon.
Life is Good!

Aiala

GORGEOUS, Mr. Shark!! That plinth will display my purple/silver 4/0 like something out of a jewelry store... THANK YOU SO MUCH!   :D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

foakes

Beautiful work, Daron!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

redsetta

Great work mate.
I think you may find some orders coming in after posting those beauties! ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

Post photos when you get it set up Aiala.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Jerseymic

Stunning work Daron, a lot more beautiful than my lump of wood!!

Mike.

Tiddlerbasher

Luv em Daron. How do you bend the perspex without crazing or cracking?

BMITCH

Nice work Daron. Great way to display that " special " reel!
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on February 02, 2015, 09:50:54 AM
Luv em Daron. How do you bend the perspex without crazing or cracking?

A propane torch. You just have to go slow or they will bubble up.
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Very nice Daron!  With the large variations in Acrylic colors available the possibilities are endless.  If you end up making a lot of these they make electric heating elements specifically for bending acrylic, we use them for signs all the time.  It may save you some propane  ;)
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Shark Hunter

Yea,
We make sinks to test each batch. If there are any flaws, we make bath tubs and stretch it thinner.
Do you work for a sign company?
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Yes sir, Tech. Designer doing engineering and fabrication drawings, 9 years in the business.  I may build one of these for myself if you don't mind  :)
Dan from Philadelphia...

Shark Hunter

You are probably one of our Customers. I've been at the same acrylic Factory now for 27 years.
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

That's awesome, congrats on the long time work place, that seems to be unheard of these days.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Shark Hunter

Aiala,
Your Plinth is Leaving Kentucky Tomorrow to Palm Springs. Its 11 Degrees here tonight. You might have to warm it up a tad. Enjoy it!
Mike, I'm not happy with yours and am going to redo it. It was nice and level until I added the 12/0. It is sagging a little on the back end. I haven't made any of these for a while.
3/8" Acrylic can hold up a 12 lb 14/0 without any issues. Besides, I want to make you another for your 9/0 too. The simple bend of the thicker material allows me to fit two in the same box.
Good Luck to you on your hectic week and my Best wishes to Jan. ;)
Life is Good!