Sealine 600h project: double dogs and more

Started by Three se7ens, January 26, 2015, 04:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 03, 2015, 01:17:27 AM
Is it costly?

Its pretty expensive, and not very user friendly.  But the finished product is tough as nails. 

Alto Mare

Quote from: Three se7ens on August 03, 2015, 02:58:54 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on August 03, 2015, 01:17:27 AM
Is it costly?

Its pretty expensive, and not very user friendly.  But the finished product is tough as nails. 
Adam, from your private lesson on a PM to me, I'll say its a good product and worth it for a guy like yourself that could manage many projects at once. As for me...no thanks, I'll let you do it if I need one.;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

I had the reel filled with 350 yds of 60 lb mono today, and put it on a rod and did a little bit of testing of the drag.   With the star backed all of the way off, the drag was so light that the weight of the drag scale was enough to pull line.  It ramped up very smoothly and progressively, and was smooth as silk.  I got up to 38 lbs and still had travel left in the star, but I didnt want to risk damage to the rod.  Ill put it on a heavier rod and do a little more testing later in the week, but I expect it to max out above 50 lbs.  It was so smooth at the 15-20 lbs of drag I plan to use with this reel, I cant wait to put some fish in the boat with it.

thorhammer

Nice, Adam! are you willing to divulge the name of the epoxy?

thanks!

John

Three se7ens

Quote from: thorhammer on September 14, 2015, 05:47:44 PM
Nice, Adam! are you willing to divulge the name of the epoxy?

thanks!

John

It's made by Midwest Chemical but is only available to licensed refinishers.  It's not very user friendly either, so it's not a product I'd recommend for the average person.

I'd recommend cerakote for a premium finish.  It goes on thinner, and is much tougher and more durable.  For less money, duracoat is good.  It goes on like regular paint, but is more durable.  Car paint can give a fantastic glossy finish if that's your goal, and it's relatively cheap.

I just wanted to test that epoxy out, cerakote is a better finish, and would normally be my first choice.

thorhammer

Rancanfish

Well this thread went the way of a paint job, however,  I have a few questions for Adam regarding his 600H.

First, could you maybe post a pic of your offset arm mounted on your 600H?

Second, the set plate in both of my newly acquired 600H's have  (4) screws/posts. Do you think the double dog set up would work still?

Third, did you actually do the 910 gear sleeve on yours?

Thanks.

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Three se7ens

Ill have to get back to you with a pic of the offset arm mounted on it. I have it apart at the moment. 

Yours has 4 posts with the short screws?  It should work fine, just with the second dog needing the hole enlarged to fit over the post. 

I have put a 910 gear sleeve on the 600H set plate, but I dont have that configuration installed on the reel at the moment.  But I will do that when I take a pic of the offset handle installed though.

Rancanfish

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Darin Crofton

Would love some DD bridges for my 600h's and 900h, one can only dream. . .
Great work btw, love the paint job too!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?