Fin Nor Ahab

Started by sharkman, February 20, 2015, 05:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

The local tackle shop has some new old stock. One is a Fin Nor Ahab 8 and the other is a Fin Nor Ahab 12. Both are spinning reels. I cant find much information regarding the drag ratings on these reels. Does anyone know how much drag they produce? Thanks.

Bryan Young

I don't know what the drag ranges are but the design of the drag adjustment know is provided with a spring so that you cannot over-tighten the drag that could lead to a bent shaft, stripped gears, of sorts. 

It's a heavier reel, but built tough for sure, with features that will help in the longevity of the reel
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

I have one setting on my bench that I can't find a parts source for, they are a nice reel though.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

It's the spring in the drag knob.  In order for you to get more drag out of it, you need to compress the spring fully before the drag numbers increase.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D