Big Boy Gear Sleeves

Started by Cortez_Conversions, February 25, 2015, 03:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

I'm about to start on a run of gear sleeves for the Senator big dogs-- the 116A, 116, 117, and 118. They will be made from 416 stainless steel and heat treated to 42c Rockwell.
Both sleeves have an extra tooth on them. I can't guarantee what color they will be after heat treating. They may be shiny, off color or dark colored. These are a drop in replacement for the stock brass sleeves. The flats will not go down to the ratchet, but they will be low enough so you can use the brass or steel main gear.
These big boys will be under $50 a piece, but not by much.
So just a quick show of hands... I won't hound you, or throw sticks at you if you don't end up committing. I just need a rough estimate.
Thanks!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

I'm in for a couple of those bad boys Tom, thanks for giving us the opportunity to own some of your masterpiece again.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I'm definitely getting on this Train! ;D
I'm it for at least 6 to start.
10 of each eventually.
Life is Good!

crackerman

In for one! Make that 2.

2 total for the 116

Tightlines667

I will definately be interested in sleeves for both the 116L, and 117L.  I may not be able to buy a bunch of them up front, but I'd say I would go through about 10-20 for the 117 and 5-15 for the 116 annually, based on last year's service records.  However, I would likely only be able to get 2 (or so) of each to start with.  

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

bodie28

Shark Hunter

No Bodie,
Its the sleeve that the main gear goes on.
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Southernsharker

Put me down for a 117 I'm glad Daren got with you to make these

Southernsharker

alantani

tom, did you ever get this done? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: alantani on April 28, 2015, 03:21:06 PM
tom, did you ever get this done? 

I'm starting them this week Alan. I had to finish up the Newell sleeves first ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

SGT K

Ill take one for a 116L. The sleeve on mine is starting to show some wear at the top.

Semper Fi,
Steve

Cortez_Conversions

I want to update everyone and let you know that this sleeve project is about half way done. I don't have a firm completion date.

ChileRelleno

Thanks for the update and thanks for your time/effort to make these possible.
Firm believer in not rushing things if you don't have to.

I still want a 12/0 gear sleeve, please & thank you.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."