New FL Gator Rod for a member

Started by Newell Nut, August 19, 2015, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

This one is a spinner built on a Seeker Hercules GTS80 15-30. I installed my standard handle design with X-Flock and a contoured fore grip with rope and X Flock.
I built one of these for myself and they work great casting and catching and I managed to drag in a 40 lb AJ a couple weeks ago.

Tightlines667

Looking really sharp their Dwight!  Not sure I like the color scheme, but definately some quality work there.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Tightlines666 on August 19, 2015, 05:16:31 PM
Looking really sharp their Dwight!  Not sure I like the color scheme, but definately some quality work there.
What are your colors? Are you planning to back here for Christmas again?

One of my next personals will be Seminoles colors if I could find the time. Fortunately all of my current backlog are not tied hard to a date so I may squeeze something in. Waiting for a Seeker Hercules GTS80H to use as a jigging rod.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Newell Nut on August 19, 2015, 07:24:47 PM
Quote from: Tightlines666 on August 19, 2015, 05:16:31 PM
Looking really sharp their Dwight!  Not sure I like the color scheme, but definately some quality work there.
What are your colors? Are you planning to back here for Christmas again?

I will absolutely be back in FL for Xmas, and hope to be able to talk my dad into another trip on the Pasttime Princess.

I like purple and white, and green and black or white.

One of my next personals will be Seminoles colors if I could find the time. Fortunately all of my current backlog are not tied hard to a date so I may squeeze something in. Waiting for a Seeker Hercules GTS80H to use as a jigging rod.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

handi2

Dwight built this for me to give to my son for Christmas. He has one with the same color wraps on a white blank for his Avet Raptor. This will be for his Van Staal. He is a big Cobia fishing freak and also uses it for throwing lures and poppers for Tuna.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

steelfish

Quote from: handi2 on September 17, 2015, 10:46:23 PM
Dwight built this for me to give to my son for Christmas. He has one with the same color wraps on a white blank for his Avet Raptor. This will be for his Van Staal. He is a big Cobia fishing freak and also uses it for throwing lures and poppers for Tuna.

Keith, what size Van Staal is your son using for this rod?

I have a VS275 and is kind of heavy, but my local fisheries dont offer much fish over 20-30#, so dont want to build a heavy 60lb spinning rod for the reel to catch 15# Yt or 25# groupers, I have my reel with 65lb braid but drag around 15#
I use that reel from the beach on a Tsunami airwave 9ft 20-40lb and its a great combo.

The Baja Guy

handi2

I believe its the 300 I bought him many years ago. The serial number is 00087.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

ReelFishingProblems

Reel 224

Dwight: Very nice stick, great work.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

steelfish

Quote from: handi2 on January 18, 2019, 09:53:13 PM
I believe its the 300 I bought him many years ago. The serial number is 00087.
hhmm  not much different than my 275, I will look for something on 30lb or max 40lb rod

thanks buddy, hopefully you're doing it better each day.
The Baja Guy