Talica 10 single speed dismantled

Started by munga, November 19, 2010, 04:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

munga

Recently got my talica 10 single speed in the mail! pity my new braid didnt come at the same time! I put some old braid on it anyway and did some casting practice (which can only entertain you for so long...). So then I decided to pull it to bits and take some pics for everyone, seeing as I can't take it fishing yet. If your unfamiliar with Alans tutorials go and study some of them before you attempt this! Here's a link to the schematic of the 10 single speed and I'll put a schematic of the 16 single speed up as well to show the differing anti reverse set ups. You can view them here-  http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/c_layt/

I started off by removing the handle assembly and drag lever assembly.

Next step is to remove the 4 screws that attach the sideplate to the frame. Then you want to put the sideplate in your hand and hold the spool down with your fingers then gently pull up on the frame. You should have the sideplate and spool together and the frame seperate as in the picture. The first time I did this I tried to pull the sideplate straight off from the spool and frame, if you do this the anti reverse ratchet falls out then the spring holder will pull out bending the anti reverse ratchet spring).

Next step is to seperate the spool from the sideplate, I used a screwdriver between the cooling shield and the sideplate pushing down gently on the antireverse ratchet and gently pulled the spool up. All the parts in the sideplate should stay in place as in my picture. There is also a picture of the spool showing the cooling shield and pinion guard.

I removed the cooling shield and found that the drag was already greased so I decided not to go any further as everything throughout the reel was well greased/oiled. I did notice the drag looked like carbon fibre on the top side but underneath was yellow and looked like it had been glassed.

To reassemble slot the spool down into the sideplate locking the pinion guard into the anti reverse ratchet (like in the 2nd picture) then put the frame over the spool and align the end pin. Grease those screws and tighten them up, reassemble the handle and drag lever assemblies and your done!

kamuwela

thank you munga for the pics 
                                 aloha
                                 kamu

alantani

pretty simple reel considering how expensive it is.......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

munga

Impulse ebay puchase, $280 US. RRP here in Australia $540!!!

Putte

I think the surface of the spool, where the drag washer has contact to the spool, is very small.. ? If i compare it with my Accurate reels that surface is double the size in Accu.... And as Alan says, very simple construction, but a nice reel !

Best regards:
Jörgen Sandén, Sweden / Norway.

triumphrick

Does anyone else notice that the drag washer is keyed, but the spool where it rests is not...??

alantani

it matches the inside of the spool cap.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!