Shimano Spheros 6000FA - Bail Arm Click

Started by vinnyland, March 02, 2015, 11:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinnyland

Hello everyone!!!

Recently getting back into fishing on the weekends and pulled out my old Shimano Spheros 6000FA. I noticed some screws were corroding and wanted to replace them for newer ones. So I took it apart and while doing so, two small parts near the bail came flying out and onto my rug. Here are the two parts:

RD6686 (Click Spring)
RD6687 (Bail Arm Click)
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/shimano-sp6000fa-saltwater-reel-spheros-parts-c-200301_200640_281605.html

I was able to put my reel pack together with no problems and the bail works with no issues. I'm wondering how important are these two pieces? I was able to recover the spring but the Bail Arm Click is gone (needle in a haystack gone).

Thanks in advance!!!

alantani

just took a look and i don't have those.  call shimano at 877-577-0600 and see if they can help you.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

vinnyland

Thanks Alan!!! I'll give Shimano a call and see what they can do even though these models are discontinued.

the_reel_doc

vinnyland

Quote from: the_reel_doc on March 03, 2015, 12:32:29 AM
It just helps hold the bail arm open.

Thanks Reel_doc!!!
So nothing too critical I would imagine? The bail holds open and closes with no problems.

johndtuttle

Quote from: vinnyland on March 03, 2015, 12:41:10 AM
Quote from: the_reel_doc on March 03, 2015, 12:32:29 AM
It just helps hold the bail arm open.

Thanks Reel_doc!!!
So nothing too critical I would imagine? The bail holds open and closes with no problems.

You may have a little trouble with the bail closing accidentally without it. You are just gonna have to try it and see. Set up the heaviest lure you normally cast and tie on some heavy leader and give it some heaves. That way if it closes you hopefully don't snap off your lure.

vinnyland

Oh I see....

Any tips on trying to install the little bugger? I think to be on the safer (and problem free while out) is to just put that little thing back in there.

johndtuttle

Quote from: vinnyland on March 03, 2015, 05:23:57 AM
Oh I see....

Any tips on trying to install the little bugger? I think to be on the safer (and problem free while out) is to just put that little thing back in there.

Nothing to it, just put some grease in there to help it stay in while you get the other bits lined up. The spring and nub just rest in a hole and can drop out easily (which you found). They are only held in place when the arm is tightened down. This is the sort of tiny doo dad that gets ya when you least expect it. One reason why I work over a large light colored towel to catch all such bits.

vinnyland

Thanks Johndtuttle!!!

Yeah I had a white cloth but for some odd reason I must've went flying out while I wasn't paying attention. I plan to swing by my local outdoor supply place before trying to order the part.