Custom insert for the 114H & 115L

Started by Alto Mare, March 07, 2015, 05:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

the waterjet finally got fixed, so I'm putting in an order next week. I'll have the kits available in a couple of weeks.

handi2

I have been putting the last thick spring washer on upside down so the smooth edges are up. I then add the Delrin washer on top of that before the drag star. I do this on the 114H and 115. It makes turning the star much easier.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

sharkman

Three se7ens

Yes.  Information on the last batch is here.

Pm me with how many sets you want and I will send you an invoice.

Tightlines667

Quote from: WOTHoyt on January 26, 2017, 11:04:00 PM
What's the trick of getting a motive insert into a Pro Challenger SS Main.  It does not drop in like it does with a Penn steel main.  I did a lot of research before I went this direction and I could have gone with a Pro Challenger SS Hex gearset and saved myself a big headache!

Not a big deal really...

Check out my response in your other thread.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

handi2

It took allot of sanding for me.

Keith
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

A dremel with a sanding drum does a good job. I've had to touch up a few, not really a big deal. If you have a press many times no sanding is required, but only if its close.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

otghoyt

Sal:

This particular build has inspired me to adopt this "red headed stepchild", 114 as my happy reel.  It is now one of the most versatile reels I own.  I caught Big Bluefin 1n 2017 with a 114 built to Sal-specs and a full load of stainless steel to boot!  I fish it with hollow 130# and loop to loop leaders on a metal butt, Seeker 660H 40-100 with a really nice Aussi roller tip.  I am one of the few, stand up, one speed, star drag reel owners getting this job done now days and it has been made possible due to all the good folks right here on AT's site.  Thank you all so very much.

It would be greatly appreciated if you would re-up the photos on this build. I do not understand the Photo Bucket, ransom for photos thing that has happened. When I replicate this build for friends and customers it is a good tool to have this write-up with pictures so they can understand how and why this overlooked reel is now one of the best and most versatile reels they could own. If this cannot be done, please offer me a workable solution so I may obtain this , most helpful, information. 

I remain at your disposal,

Hoyt

i

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Gman_WC

Quote from: WOTHoyt on April 27, 2018, 03:21:12 PM
Sal:

It would be greatly appreciated if you would re-up the photos on this build. I do not understand the Photo Bucket, ransom for photos thing that has happened. When I replicate this build for friends and customers it is a good tool to have this write-up with pictures so they can understand how and why this overlooked reel is now one of the best and most versatile reels they could own. If this cannot be done, please offer me a workable solution so I may obtain this , most helpful, information. 

I remain at your disposal,

Hoyt

Hoyt, I had the same issue.
I just installed this Google Chrome add-in and, by cracky, it works!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg
-gary
Walnut Creek, CA

Alto Mare

Best option is still to download the pics again though.
I haven't done it on most, simply because they're old posts.

Best,

Sal

Gman_WC

The photobucket image was killing me not being able to see the images. Only imagining what was being described.
The patch worked for me so I can now see stacks and builds.  ;D
-gary
Walnut Creek, CA

handi2

If you have or can get a stock steel Penn main gear the insert fits right in with no slack and no sanding.
Gulf Breeze, FL

otghoyt

Thank you for fixing the photo's on this build. 

H~

Jlmarineservicesllc

Would you happen to have any 115 drag kits available?