ask about reel seat replacement

Started by Eldops, March 28, 2015, 03:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldops

hai, i have one piece spinning rod and my reel seat is broken, can i replace the reel seat from the bottom of the rod?, can i re-install the eva foam from the bottom of the rod?, so i dont need to remove all the ring guide, sorry for my bad english hope u understand what i mean? thanks for help

Slazmo

Yes cut the old seat off by cutting it down the centre both top and bottom, remove old seat in two halves.

Same as the old hyperlon grips. Reinstalling is too complicated to explain here alone, however easy enough to do with online tutorials and YouTube etc.

Eldops

Quote from: Slazmo on March 28, 2015, 06:36:19 AM
Yes cut the old seat off by cutting it down the centre both top and bottom, remove old seat in two halves.

Same as the old hyperlon grips. Reinstalling is too complicated to explain here alone, however easy enough to do with online tutorials and YouTube etc.
so i need to cut the eva grip as well?, and then reinstall the eva grip from the bottom of the rod?

Eldops

because it's one piece rod, i dont really want to remove the ring guide to replace the reel seat from the tip, because im not really sure how to reinstall the ring guide, so if someone have experience replacing the reel seat from the butt, please help

Newell Nut

Putting the eva on from the bottom could be done but very tough to do. An easier solution is to us the cork wrap that has an adhesive on it and if you wanted something easier to clean then put X-flock shrink wrap over the cork tape. It would be a very nice grip and of course add a butt cap.