Magic Sportfishing - Honolulu, HI (Oahu)

Started by coastal_dan, March 11, 2015, 07:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Great shared fishing trip with these guys...

Captain: Capt. Russell

Mates: Pauly and Nick

Fish Caught: 1x 95 lb Yellowfin Ahi and 1x 85 lb Yellowfin Ahi (One 180+ Yellowfin Ahi lost about 6' from the gaff due to line chafe at the pectoral fin, DANG IT!)

Excellent safety talk at the beginning of trip, great break down of what was expected of us as anglers, very informative conversations with the Mates and the Captain.  I learned a lot about the HI culture and fishing experiences as well!

Couple quick pictures:

Mahola to the whole team!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

coastal_dan

Edit: Even though we only caught two fish, we were out for 12 1/2 hours on an expected 8 hour trip...so the time was really put in trying to find more, but it just wasn't in the cards that day...next time  ;D
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Bryan Young

Looks like a fun trip.  Sometime you hit them and its constant, and sometimes nothing.  Good to see that you got a couple.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

These guys are top notch and nothing but class.  aif you are planning on fishing with them, mame sure you book in advance.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mike1010