Scam - Wrriten by Alan Hawk

Started by Nuvole, March 13, 2015, 04:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuvole

http://www.alanhawk.com/blog/scams.html

I got this link from another site.
Its worth reading before buying fishing gear online from new website.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

FatTuna

You know with all the effort they put into these scam sites, I feel like it would be more profitable to just make a legit site.

This was a very informative read. I especially enjoyed learning Alan Hawk's real name, haha.

coastal_dan

I tried searching for Ben'Dover, Duckville but nothing came up on googlemaps.com, haha  ;D

Good read.  My father in law was part of a scam a few years back just as the Western Union scams were getting going online.  Very unfortunate because it was a decent amount of money.  FBI and State/Local police got involved.  I don't wish those situations on anyone.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Lalo13

Perhaps it would be a awesome idea to report and monitor these web scams guys , one site  after another they will fall if we're diligent and keep hammering them down , I too have encountered these minimum $300 order sites and honestly almost bit , it is time we fight back , we live in a world where too many slime balls will screw us for free , social media is a lot more powerful than we think or give credit for ... It's about time !!!
??? ??? ??? ???

Dominick

If everyone sends me $101.02 each I will look into the scams.  I won't start looking into the scams until everyone has sent the money, so have some patience, just send the money.   ;) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

Talking about scams....does anyone know where I can get a go pro cheap. How about a coin?? Just thought I'd pour some salt on that wound. Wouldn't want that one to heal up yet. ::) ;)
luck is the residue of design.

coralsea

Ebay will help you. Find the seller with 99.8-100% rating and order...

As for the reels ordering from Ebay...
I have  6-7 reels from Ebay, had no problem with the sellers at all.
I do some small ordering (hooks, braid. etc.) from China sellers-all is Ok.
There are lot of fishing shops on Ebay which provide quality fishing stuff with reasonable prices, even from China.
no pain-no gain

mike1010

Quote from: Dominick on March 22, 2015, 04:01:35 AM
If everyone sends me $101.02 each I will look into the scams.  I won't start looking into the scams until everyone has sent the money, so have some patience, just send the money.   ;) Dominick

PM me your bank account # and I will wire it to you :)

exp2000

Quote from: coralsea on October 28, 2016, 03:00:05 AM
Ebay will help you. Find the seller with 99.8-100% rating and order...

As for the reels ordering from Ebay...
I have  6-7 reels from Ebay, had no problem with the sellers at all.
I do some small ordering (hooks, braid. etc.) from China sellers-all is Ok.
There are lot of fishing shops on Ebay which provide quality fishing stuff with reasonable prices, even from China.

x2

Yep. That's my benchmark for trusting an eBay seller. Anything less may indicate trouble.
~

philaroman

I'm not that picky -- I've done very well w/ eBay sellers rated well below 99% after taking the time & effort to read the actual feedback & figure out WHY they're less than [near]perfect:

if they're tardy shippers & I don't need the item in a hurry -- who cares!

if they slightly overcharge for shipping to minimize their feeBay donation -- GOOD!!!  IMO, eBay got greedy w/ their fee structure over the last decade+  ...I subtract the S&H from what I'm willing to pay to determine my top bid, anyway

as long as I see detailed descriptions w/out NOT-AS-DESCRIBED complaints, I'm happy to see other procedural dissatisfaction -- it drives the price down

ez2cdave

Quote from: Dominick on March 22, 2015, 04:01:35 AM

Dominick,

You're a SCAM ARTIST . . . Everyone knows it's not worth a penny over $99.99  !!!

LOL !

Tight Lines !

Dominick

Nope I'm sticking to the price.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

handyandy

The other plus to ebay is if you do unfortunately get a bad seller ebay will step in. I fell for one I knew was scam one time but figured I'd give it a go anyways knowing I'd get my money back. Was a new g loomis light fast action rod for just over 20 bucks. I could kind of tell it was most likely a scam one, but I knew they weren't getting any of my actual credit card or account numbers of course day after ordering it says ordered cancelled due to stocking issues or some crap. That it was just cancelled since payment wasn't received yet even though I paid right away. The sellers account was gone I informed ebay of it had my receipt and paypal statement they refunded the money back to my paypal account. I wouldn't have done it if it was a large sum of money. Thats the worst I've gotten I've had a few items get sent not packed very well and ended up with broken rod tips. Happened once with an older usa made lamiglass bass rod with tennessee handle I got a good deal on. Arrived just packed in a piece of long cardboard folded over it rather than a tube. Needless to say the tip was broken, but the seller was good about it they refunded me all the money to include shipping cost. But the minimum order stuff sucks thankfully it's usually high enough to make me say screw it.

wfjord

I tend to be overly cautious when it comes to ebay and I'm pretty strict about sticking to the sellers with the 99.8-100% approval rating & money-back guarantees --and so far I haven't had any bad experiences.  I've returned several problematic reels and the sellers were considerate and easy to work with.