Avet Bearing Sizes by Reel Model

Started by JGB, March 14, 2015, 10:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JGB

Here is a compilation of just about every bearing and where used for Avet reels.
Avet sells bearing by reel model and not bearing size. So i ordered every bearing for every reel from Avet and measured and compiled this file.If there are any errors please PM me so I can update this.

Jim N.

mbg60

FatTuna

I'd like to thank you for this list. This just helped me out. It's information like this that means this site so valuable.

garyal

MXL 6/4 Raptor

P/N      Description                             Dimensions                                         Qty

07        Spool Brg.                               I.D. .1875 O.D . 3750 W. .1250          2
13        Inner Brake Brg.                      I.D. .1875 O.D. .5000 W. .1950          1
17        Outer Brake Brg.                      I.D. .1875   O.D. .3125 W. .1250        1
23        Endhouse Brg. (Pinion)             I.D. .2500   O.D. .6250 W. .1950        1
41        Drive Shaft Brg.                       I.D. .3750 O.D. 6250   W. .1550         2

SX 6/4 Raptor

P/N      Description                             Dimensions                                         Qty

07        Spool Brg.                               I.D. .1875 O.D . 3750 W. .1250          2
13        Inner Brake Brg.                      I.D. .1875 O.D. .5000 W. .1950          1
17        Outer Brake Brg.                      I.D. .1875   O.D. .3125 W. .1250        1
23        Endhouse Brg. (Pinion)             I.D. .2500   O.D. .6250 W. .1950        1
41        Drive Shaft Brg.                       I.D. .3750 O.D. 6250   W. .1550         2

Avetman

Wow, this is great. we do sell the bearings by model because of the fact that the layman would not know to do this. Never the less, this information is invaluable. Awesome work.
"There are many good fishermen and some great ones. But there is only one you."

mahfudzmn

ez2cdave

Quote from: Avetman on April 12, 2016, 05:20:41 PM
Wow, this is great. we do sell the bearings by model because of the fact that the layman would not know to do this. Never the less, this information is invaluable. Awesome work.

It also allows people to go to places like Boca Bearings to get bearing with different ABEC ratings, if desired.

Tight Lines !

steelfish

The Baja Guy

lonehawkstation

Thanks a ton guys!

Any size info for JX Raptor and MXJ Raptor?  🤝

dezzer

Hi Lads, looking for hepl with a bearing for an LX 6.0.1 ,i have tried repair but noticed with the newer Lx the  bearing apperas stainless in colour and slightly bigger than the old blue/silver bearing ,has anyone come accross this ,any link help dimensions would be a great help ,i cant seem to find it on the avet spares site ,thanks..
keep your hand on it !......

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

dezzer

Thanks Alan ,but not sure what size im looking for..

alantani

can you pull out the old one and measure it?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SoCalAngler

To me it sounds like he is talking about the pinion bearing. The spool bearings are the same size, the left side bearing is a bit thinner than the pinion bearing. The blue I bet he is talking about is the rubber shield on the pinion bearing. It's been many years since I removed those shields on my reels and packed them with grease but I think my JX had a black rubber shield on the outer bearing.

I also replaced the pinion bearing with a angular contact bearing, so I can't even open up my reel and have a look.

The largest/fattest bearing in those reels should be the pinion bearing.

dezzer

Thanks lads ,pulled the bearing ,width 6mil outer diameter 19mil and inner 6mil ,different to the same pinion bearing in my other lx avets 6.01 ,I followed that video and put the beval washers the same as video thats why I had no freespool strange,put them back the way they were and no problem ,just have to order some bearings now...