i need a high speed main gear for an e-series boss 665h-two speed.

Started by alantani, March 17, 2015, 12:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i have a customer with an old boss magnum 665H e-series, serial #011057, and the high speed main gear is shot.  i am not sure how much money he wants to put into this reel, but i thought i'd check to see if the high speed main gear is still available for this reel.  anyone still have one?  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

yeah, there are five "clunks" as you turn the handle 360 degrees. 

Robert Janssen

Pardon me for asking, but if there are five regular clunks per turn, shouldn't one have a look at the pinion instead? (these reels had a 5:1 ratio i think)

Not that pinions would be any easier to find, but anyway.

That is, unless you've already opened it and see the main gear IS shot of course.

alantani

yeah, it's   "clunk, clunk,     clunk,              clunk                                       clunk....." for every rotation of the handle.  i wish it were even.

Robert Janssen

Just sort of wondering with a distant, reserved curiosity how this worked out..?

alantani

Matt at accurate went digging around and found a gear.  I will find out on Monday.

FoulHooked

How did this work out?

I also need the same gear. I have one clunk  in high gear that I am okay with but would like to get it replaced if I can find a gear. I don't quite have the connections with Accurate to ask so when I did I was told to upgrade the whole side plate and gears for $250.

alantani

i called matt at accurate and found one, but it never did work right.   :-\

Rare

Quote from: alantani on June 22, 2015, 05:54:21 PM
i called matt at accurate and found one, but it never did work right.   :-\

Matt always find old parts at the shop. He should let a group in just to look for old parts.