Vsystem spinner

Started by oldtrackster, November 30, 2010, 02:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldtrackster

Has their been a reliable review of the Vsystem spinner by someone like Mr. Tani?  If there is one here I am missing it.  I was just curious as the Makaira seems to be a vast improvement from their traditional quality so the logic is the new spinners might be as well.
Can someone explain how the Feds count recreational Red Snapper catch?

"Pretty sure it involves a witch doctor, an astrologist, and a tub of KY jelly." - jamisjockey

Phinaddict

Quote from: oldtrackster on November 30, 2010, 02:51:57 AM
the Makaira seems to be a vast improvement from their traditional quality

I think this was due to the joint venture with Tiburon. It is a win/win deal as far as I can see; Tiburon gets the benefit of cheap manufacturing and huge production capabilities. Okuma gets primo design and engineering from Tiburon.

As for Okuma spinners, the upper end of the product lines are great values, maybe not the best, but certainly good for the value.
The Two Rules of Success:
1. Don't tell everything you know

alantani

i have a couple of cedros spinners and the held up well on my last trip.  one fight was against a sea lion.  the reel held up better that i did.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

oldtrackster

I know that is limited experience for this question but,  In your opinion Would the spinner work for popping in the gulf of Mexico?
Can someone explain how the Feds count recreational Red Snapper catch?

"Pretty sure it involves a witch doctor, an astrologist, and a tub of KY jelly." - jamisjockey

Bryan Young

I like the Vsystem that Okuma has.  Haven't had a problem yet.

Regarding using it with poppers, I have used spinners for poppers all of my life in Hawaii catching papio and ulua (GT).  Just choose your reel wisely with regards to line weight.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Phinaddict

I have an old Salina 65 that has seen many good days. It is the version just under the V series. It grinds a bit now, but it has never failed. I fished off the beach in Mexico with it many times....it just keeps going and going...like I said earlier, you can't beat them for the price. Most bang for your buck.
The Two Rules of Success:
1. Don't tell everything you know

kamuwela

Quote from: BryanYoung on December 02, 2010, 01:35:05 AM
I like the Vsystem that Okuma has.  Haven't had a problem yet.

Regarding using it with poppers, I have used spinners for poppers all of my life in Hawaii catching papio and ulua (GT).  Just choose your reel wisely with regards to line weight.
[/quote
bryan you forgot whipping for halalu and akule

Bryan Young

Quote from: kamuwela on December 02, 2010, 06:31:41 AM
bryan you forgot whipping for halalu and akule
I've never whipped for halalu or akule.  Always used a hand pole for this.  Halalu was a short bamboo fishing right at my feet (and sometime being banged by them), and Akule is with thos long 15-20' telescoping rods.  I gotta try that next time with sabiki flies (one on the end).
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D