322 Tiburon Installation

Started by Newell Nut, March 24, 2015, 12:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

codisking

NN,

I have just taken apart an S235, with the long bolts, in anticipation of installing a Tib Frame. Does Tib provide the screws to replace the "smooth-head" long bolts on the left side plate and their counterpart on the right side plate or will I need to source the hardware elsewhere? What size, style, and thread should I look for?

Cheers,

Chris

Newell Nut

The best way to buy the frame is from Gregg Chow and he will furnish the screws. Tib as understand does not furnish screws.
Try Gregg at chowderpuff7@yahoo.com and then follow the instructions in this tutorial and you should be fine.

codisking

Thanks! I just bought a frame from him on ebay for a 646. I'll still need a spool though because I actually have a 631 that I want to soup up. I'll post some pictures of my conversion when I finally get underway.

codisking

One other question..... does anyone know if I can convert the clicker on my 631 from plastic to metal components?

Newell Nut

Tunacious

Quote from: codisking on April 12, 2015, 11:39:38 PM
One other question..... does anyone know if I can convert the clicker on my 631 from plastic to metal components?

The standard metal clicker set for a 400 series will fit in a 500/600 series reel. There's also an Accurate kit if you can find it. The Newell kits are pretty easy to find.

russ1962

Quote from: Newell Nut on April 12, 2015, 12:17:13 AM
The best way to buy the frame is from Gregg Chow and he will furnish the screws. Tib as understand does not furnish screws.
Try Gregg at chowderpuff7@yahoo.com and then follow the instructions in this tutorial and you should be fine.

I don't know if Gregg still provides screws or not.
I recently bought a Tib frame from him and there weren't any screws included.
Maybe he just forgot to put them in with the kit ???