Big Tim's Friday Fishn' Trip May 22, 2015 Moro Bay CA.

Started by Big Tim, March 28, 2015, 10:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

I will split a box with you pangamaster.
There is no way we can fish a 5 lb box between the two of us!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Bryan Young

I'm going to try the new flat fall jigs to see how well they do in our waters.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

pangamaster

Quote from: theswimmer on May 12, 2015, 08:27:09 PM
I will split a box with you pangamaster.
There is no way we can fish a 5 lb box between the two of us!

Deal!  That would be impressive if we polished off a 5# box!
Anything worth doing....is worth doing well!

fIsHsTiiCkS

Just reserved 2 spots. From the count, looks like 15 ppl So far!

theswimmer

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 12, 2015, 09:00:21 PM

I have tied a bunch of  3 and 4 ounce jig heads with different ling patterns that I will try to see what colors and patterns work,
I even tied some incorporating Big Hammer swim baits.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 12, 2015, 09:00:21 PM

You mean like the butterfly jigs from shimano?

pangamaster

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fIsHsTiiCkS

I have a couple of those, they work great for Yellowtail. Ill bring some and see if it works for these bottom dwellers

Bryan Young

My friend Mike will be joining us too.

Should I set him up with Braid and Mono?  He hasn't done much fishing so I'm inclined to set him up with a 20# and 30# mono set up, but I personally feel that a 20# and 50# braid set-up would be much better.  What do you guys think?

alantani

definitely braid!  just spoke to david nish and he can't make it.  matt juanes will be leaving at 3am on friday and will bring one friend.  jason, dave k., you guys are all set, right?  wayne, you're all set?  ernie and craig from fresno might join us.  jonathan, are you coming from fresno? anybody else?

i just spoke to glenn at the shop.  the boat is still in ventura and coast guard is holding it up for something.  things will supposedly be cleared up today or tomorrow and the boat should be back in morro bay by wednesday or thursday.  if there is an additional delay, glenn will let us know on wednesday. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

theswimmer

Yup I'll be there . Hopefully The Miss's and I can get out of Fresno about noon.
Can't wait to get on the lings.
I ran out of fillets about a month ago....and the forecast looks fairly calm.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Errol Flynn

alantani

our family has a little vacation house in cauycos.  the address is 17 - 16th street.  i always get the numbers backwards.  google maps might work.  
joey and i will be there at about 3pm on thursday and we're going to start dinner.  i'm thinking two safeway frozen lasagnas, garlic bread, a head of iceberg lettuce, tomatos and italian dressing.  (i can hear dominick groan.....  ;D).  guys, everybody, swing by for dinner on thursday night.  bring an appetite. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.438873,-120.891668,3a,90y,320.3h,74.42t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s4Pu7utlWoktfa8EV1dv9FQ!2e0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pangamaster

I'm all set!  Fired up!  Driving out Thursday night and I'll meet you guys there in the morning.  What time should we be there in the am?