PENN INTERNATIONAL 30 Teardown & Re-Assembly - VIDEO

Started by ez2cdave, March 28, 2015, 11:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez2cdave

PART 1

PART 2

alantani

dave, great video!  send me a pm with your address and let me send you a wrench. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Good job on that international. I'm not crazy about power tools on aluminum frames but you guys seem to really like them.
I wouldn't mind using power drives to remove screws, but I'm more comfortable doing it by hand.
Still, you did a great job, this is just my opinion on the power drive.

Thanks for sharing.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

exp2000

Way out of my territory here but I do get the odd big game reel every year.

It's like migrating from lawnmowers to a bulldozer!

But I gotta say. Those tabs on the drag housing are Bastards! What a terrible idea!

No wonder you were hesitant to go there.

Thanks for the video mate. It was incredibly helpful.

Would have been lost without it.
~

Shark Hunter

Never seen this one before. He tore through that reel like nobody's business.
I too use power drivers on occasion, but that was no power driver. It was a giant cordless drill that did some obvious damage to the screws and surfaces. You can tell by the metal fragments sticking to the magnetic bit.
Still pretty impressive how quick that was done. If any of those screws had corrosion, that would have been a different story.
Stripped Threads and a Not so happy ending.
Life is Good!

ez2cdave

The guy who did the International Video's also did THIS one . . . Also, NOPE I am NOT the person in the Video's . . .LOL ! ! !

Indyfisher

I hope this was his personal reel. A 12volt drill has no place around any reel unless you are drilling out broken screws. I hope he doesn't service all reels this way.

maikaraman

hello, new to this group. i'm looking for a butterscotch handle for a penn international 30.  might anyone have one for sale like that in picture
thx

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: maikaraman on April 12, 2022, 05:39:32 PMhello, new to this group. i'm looking for a butterscotch handle for a penn international 30.  might anyone have one for sale like that in picture
thx
Hello and welcome! You don't have to post that on every thread you come across. Guarantee If someone has it, they'll see your other posts.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.