Accurate Boss Fury 400

Started by al_n_VB757, March 31, 2015, 01:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_n_VB757

Anyone know off the top off their heads the ARB bearing size this reel will accept? I actually found a 1st gen, BNIB!!!

alantani

Quote from: al_n_VB757 on March 31, 2015, 01:12:52 PM
Anyone know off the top off their heads the ARB bearing size this reel will accept? I actually found a 1st gen, BNIB!!!

you need an S-HF-1416, stainless steel.  i just got a bunch from boca.  they are not cheap.  look on your bearing.  if it says HF-1416, then you have a plain steel AR bearing. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

al_n_VB757

Quote from: alantani on March 31, 2015, 07:35:40 PM
Quote from: al_n_VB757 on March 31, 2015, 01:12:52 PM

you need an S-HF-1416, stainless steel.  i just got a bunch from boca.  they are not cheap.  look on your bearing.  if it says HF-1416, then you have a plain steel AR bearing. 

Alan,
This is the Boss Fury with only the (2) dog pawls. I will need to add the ARB  bearing

alantani

it's funny, the stainless steel ar bearing is supposed to say S-HF-1416, but the ones i received said HF-1416.  i've got to send an email to boca bearings and get this straightened out. 

al_n_VB757

Quote from: alantani on March 31, 2015, 09:12:24 PM
it's funny, the stainless steel ar bearing is supposed to say S-HF-1416, but the ones i received said HF-1416.  i've got to send an email to boca bearings and get this straightened out. 

Hi Alan
Once you figure things out, Let me know, I'll buy one to put in this Fury 400

coastal_dan

Congrats on finding the reel you were looking for!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

alantani

i spoke to boca.  jeff brooks says that the hf-1416's are actually stainless, even though it does not say so.  the are $22 each. 

al_n_VB757

Quote from: alantani on April 01, 2015, 09:38:30 PM
i spoke to boca.  jeff brooks says that the hf-1416's are actually stainless, even though it does not say so.  the are $22 each. 

Thanks Alan.
Can I just order from you or do I need to send you the reel to add the bearings too?

alantani

it has to be pressed in.  it's something we're set up to do if you want. 

al_n_VB757

Quote from: alantani on April 02, 2015, 06:13:15 PM
it has to be pressed in.  it's something we're set up to do if you want. 

Thanks Alan! Ill let you know when its headed your way!