Daiwa Sealine 47H - Drag Washers??

Started by retired, October 30, 2012, 12:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawn

I have a washer that will work for the 47H that is .025 thick.
I have one for the 47SH that is .040 thick. 
The stock washers in both reels are about .060

If you all can work out how to fill the extra space.

Dawn
Dawn

Keta

Thanks for the dimensions, I'll see if we can fill the space with SS washers.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Lee, let me know when you are ready.  Then I'll send up the washers for measurement and cutting.  I also have some calculated thickness data we can talk about.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

I just committed to R&R work on a bunch of charter boat reels but there is no rush on them.  Let's get the Daiwa project started, I can fit it in with Sal's top priority project.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

edgarz

Rancanfish

Hey guys, it's been 2-1/2 years............

I need these now that I'm pulling mine apart. 
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Lunker Larry

It was mentioned earlier in the post, if I understand it correctly, that you can double up on a drag washer to get the right thickness?
If so, are there any issues that may result?
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Bryan Young

Quote from: Lunker Larry on June 08, 2015, 03:32:42 PM
It was mentioned earlier in the post, if I understand it correctly, that you can double up on a drag washer to get the right thickness?

No issues when doubling up the drags.  Been doing it for years.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Lunker Larry

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 08, 2015, 03:52:02 PM
Quote from: Lunker Larry on June 08, 2015, 03:32:42 PM

No issues when doubling up the drags.  Been doing it for years.

thanks bryan. I've done it as a temporary repair but wasn't sure how the washers would react under a heavy load.

Larry
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Sledge

Since this thread was resurrected I'm going to jump in and ask...has there been any more work done on this project since 2012?  I've recently bought a couple of these reels in excellent condition off fleaBay, and I'd be just thrilled to discover all the R&D had been completed so as I could order the new drag stack for both. 

Bryan Young

Lack of funding has slowed my expansion of metal washers while Dawn has all of the Carbontex that you need to at least change out to Carbon Fiber drags washers.

Sledge