Old school Shimanos

Started by basto, May 14, 2015, 12:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

Hi guys and gals
Just felt like posting a pic or three after finding a Mark 4 mag recently. Quest now is for a Mark 3.

cheers
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

basto

A few more pics of the newby.

not crazy about the writing all over the handle. prefer it to be confined to the box or manual.

redsetta

Nice one Basto - they're beauties!
Thanks for sharing.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

basto

CapeFish

thanks for posting, seems like Penn, Daiwa and Shimano had magged reels available some years back and then completely dropped them from their ranges. Now the latest craze is to make a frame with the LH sideplate integrated so you have to take the entire *&^$#@@@@ reel apart to do a minor lube job. All just to keep up with the Jone's.

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

coastal_dan

You have fine taste sir!  Congrats on the new reel.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

basto

Thanks Dan. The Mark 4 is  a better reel now. I put a carbontex drag in it last night.
cheers
Basto

basto

Quote from: CapeFish on May 14, 2015, 07:44:14 AM
thanks for posting, seems like Penn, Daiwa and Shimano had magged reels available some years back and then completely dropped them from their ranges. Now the latest craze is to make a frame with the LH sideplate integrated so you have to take the entire *&^$#@@@@ reel apart to do a minor lube job. All just to keep up with the Jone's.

Hi Capefish
I quite enjoy spending time pulling my reels apart, my wife doesn`t though. When she goes away soon, I will pull the Mark 4 down to show the magnet setup. I don`t think anyone has shown that here yet.
The integrated side plate is not really the latest craze. My Mark 1 and 2 both have that and were made in 1982. i like the side plate and frame all milled from the one billet of alloy.
cheers
Basto