Nep-tuna on Ebay

Started by coastal_dan, April 17, 2015, 12:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221746000865?nav=SEARCH

Should be fun to watch...very cool piece!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

bestout

The monsters in my head are scared......

UKChris

I've seen a few of these cradle reel seats but never one for a 49 before. I wonder what size counter would be needed to fit.
The gimbal looks like a Varmac model.

Aiala

Quote from: coastal_dan on April 17, 2015, 12:25:17 AM
Should be fun to watch...very cool piece!

It is indeed cool, but thus far he's gotten no bites... I think this is the third re-list. Hope he scores this time around!  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

coastal_dan

I had bid up to $99 but didn't go higher...we'll see what happens.  I also like the cradle on its own in his other auction...slipping transmission in the car has put a hold on my spending... #ihatecars
Dan from Philadelphia...

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

coastal_dan

Sold for $110.xx, someone got a nice piece, congrats to them.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Superhook

Snabbled by a Wantagh Wobbegong  ;)

coastal_dan

Does that mean you got it?  :P Haha, great deal.  The other NOS Nep-tuna handle w/o the reel or butt section went for over $100 as well.  Someday I'll grab one.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Let me know when you are ready Dan.  I have complete Neptuna rods with cradle seats for the Jigmaster, 140, 146 and 6/0 that I would love to sell.

Bryan Young

Randy, I though you were fishing with those rods.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 30, 2015, 04:34:23 PM

I would, but I don't want to scratch 'em up!

Penn Chronology

QuoteQuote from: Bryan Young on Today at 08:34:23 AM

I would, but I don't want to scratch 'em up!

I have fished with a Jigmaster 500 Neptuna rig, that I built myself from a empty cradle, for many years. I love it and the conversation it causes on the Party Boats. Scratches give the rig character. ::)

BTW, the Wantagh Wabbegong would be me and I have been snabbling Neptunas all week. :D :D Those Aussie nicknames are hilarious.

I won three Neptuna rigs this week, the Left Hand 49, the naked cradle and one of the Penn 6/O's. They were all interesting pieces that I was surprised to win. In the last few months, Neptunas have been selling at high prices, I actually did not expect to win these. I guess Dan the Car Hater's slipping transmission helped me out. ;D

If anyone has a clean Penn International 30 for sale, I would be interested. The old single speed type with the separate stand and chrome cross bars would be perfect.