Urgent help needed Shimano saragosa 18000f *PHOTOS ADDED*

Started by Dawdy, April 18, 2015, 08:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawdy

I recently started to hear a clicking sound near the rotor and sometimes it used to cause the reel to jam from spinning the arm
so I decided to open the reel and removed the rotor and out fell the part that was causing the sound it is a nearly semi circled curved part that fits in the rotors side from the bottom i found one that was already attatched and it didnt seem to be loose
and the one the fell out.
I decided to put it back and put the rotor and check if it would fall again.
I guess it did and now the rotor is stuck on the reel wldnt rotate and i can see the metal piece stuck from the part between the rotor and the side plate.
i tried to shake the reel maybe it would go back in place or push it from the small spacing but it stuck hard.

Any ideas and if i got the rotor back should it be fixed in some way so it shouldnt fall of i guess its purpose is balancing the rotor while rotating sorry if i prolonged in typing.

Thank you for your time

johndtuttle

This is going to be a tough one to help with unless someone also has the same reel in front of them. The impression I am given is that they are held in place by spring tension? Kinda hard to tell from the image.

If not then what is the method of securing them ie adhesive of some kind?

If a call to Shimano (on Monday) is unhelpful about whether this is covered under warranty or not you may be able to put a drop of epoxy on them to secure them. If they will cover it or have some ideas themselves it is certainly worth a call.

I personally have never seen this trouble before on any Saragosas I have owned or seen any posts on this issue.

Also, you can post in the reel maintenance section on 2coolfishing.com as Dan Thorburg a Shimano Technical Representative posts there.

handi2

I see them rusted badly also. Just use some super glue and glue them back in. Put on a light coat of grease.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

redsetta

G'day and welcome Dawdy,
They counter-balance the rotor to limit wobble.
I think Shimano call it 'Dyna Balance'.
Just epoxy 'em back in...
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

FatTuna

I just dealt with a similar issue on a baitrunner. The weight came loose and I glued it back in with an epoxy. It worked great but only time will tell if it holds up. I believe the weight is to eliminate rotor wobble.

I would try to keep shaking it loose. That's a pretty annoying issue. You could try tapping it with a rubber mallet.

Dawdy

Thanks for the fast replies everyone gluing it back looks the way to go but i think you guys missed
another part i was asking about I forgot to upload the pic before I tried putting the rotor back without gluing the part back
and now its stuck between the body and the rotor

PS: I live in Egypt so it will be hard to get it to shimano

handi2

You may have to find something to push the counterweigh in while pulling on the rotor cup. It shouldn't take much to get it off.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Tiddlerbasher

x2 what Handi2 said. Have you tried a feeler gauge pushed in to dislodge it?

Dawdy

I tried to push it in with a screwdriver But i had no success didnot want to try to put excess pressure on it
I am afraid id ruin something or brake something

alantani

crud.....  yeah, i looks like it just needs to be muscled back into position.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dawdy

Finally SOLVED i managed to safetly with no damage take the rotor off and glue the part back I used UHO
id like to thank each and every one you for their time and advice.
I used Dan Thorburn's advice and alan tanis a mix and match of both Dan Thorburn quoted cause it was on another forum "
The weight needs to be glued back into place. You can try tapping the rotor against that side to get the weight to move. Keep it on that side to remove the rotor once the weight slides. Inertia will be your friend here. Just make sure you place something like a towel on top of the bench before you start tapping it."

I really think we need a shimano saragosa taken apart in steps for begginers it is really helpful even if most spinning reels are pretty much the same. I would do it If someone sends in a reel for me to work on.
Thanks again  ;D ;D

johndtuttle

Success!

That was really good advice to dislodge it. Tapping it in properly a protected fashion will eventually dislodge jammed parts. Simple flex and recoil will lead to loosening rather than tightening of the jammed parts.