Aftco screws

Started by theswimmer, April 19, 2015, 04:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

I need to find a source for old school Aftco pieces and bits.
While servicing an old Harnell I broke a screw on one of the rollers.
Iwas able to get the broken piece out of the floating post
but need a replacement screw as well as I would like a spare complete set and a couple of other spares.
Anyone have any ideas?
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

UKChris

Do you mean the lightest series of 'half-moon' shaped Aftco roller guides numbered 2, 3, 4, and 5 (for the double)? They are not often seen these days but used to be the only ones Aftco made way back then.

I don't know for certain but I think the newer Aftco rollers used on the 21, 31, 41 and 51 'HD' series complete with new screws ought to be a 'drop in' replacement for the older ones. Whether the old screws are the same as the newer ones, again I'm not sure but I would be surprised if Aftco had changed those little screws at some point.

theswimmer

it is the old style half moon.
I cannot do a dealer search on the Aftco web site from my Iphone.
Might have to do with being 60 miles from civilization😏
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

conchydong

Can you not remove a screw and try and get some measurements and look on line somewhere like Mcmaster Carr or even a marine hardware store for a similar one? I wouldn't think that Aftco screws are unique. Now, if you need new rollers also, than that is a different story.

Southernsharker

Check captain harrys  I just had to order a 5xtra roller tip assembly they had a bunch of different ones. Also the whole roller assembly  is what I usually  see the smaller sizes are all under 5 bucks complete. Ps scott's has the smaller sizes