June 5-7th "2 Day" Rockfish Charter - Sponsored by California Tackle House

Started by Jon Vadney, April 21, 2015, 04:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Quote from: Jon Vadney on April 23, 2015, 01:30:12 AM
Thanks for all the info Tim!  My only ventures to Morro have been for albacore and I did a bunch of trips back in the day on both the Admiral and Princess. I hope you can make it, I'd love to share the rail with ya!

I miss the Admiral..90 or 95' boat. They used have a large BBQ on deck and John Rowley was as good as they come. Many a late night parties on that boat  ;D The new owners tried to purchase Virg's a few years back and wanted the Admiral (now in Alaska I believe) as well even knowing she needed repairs. Denise ?? wanted to keep the Virg's fleet intact. In the archived photo albums I am on the deck of the Mallard with Capt. Taylor, crew and fisherman with 180+ 20'+ Albacore at our feet...1990 +/- ...The deck hands were casting out and handing them off and we didn't even know who's gear we were fishing with. Great times, great beers and screamin' PENN drags  ;D ;D

Jon Vadney

That's awesome man!  The most ridiculous albacore trip I ever had was on the princess. We left at night as usual, motored out around 100mi in some disgusting weather. I remember my buddy's dad who was on his first albacore trip, running out on deck at night in nothing but his boxers and socks to throw up LOL.  Well we started trolling and I was in the starboard corner on the first rotation. My buddy's dad, who has never caught a fish that fights harder than a salmon, stands next to me and goes "what now...?" I give him my slide rod (8' stick with a fishtrap) and tell him to stand next to me.  I turn my clicker off and tell him "if I get bit, I'm gonna tell you to drop that lure in the water, let it go back like 30', put the reel in gear and hang on". He nods and not 2minutes later line starts pulling off my reel.  I tell him to drop the lure, he does and he gets instantly freight trained.  I yell hookup and start to fight my troll fish. I will never forget my buddy's dad screaming "I LOVE YOU JON!" Over and over as he fights his first tuna haha. We never trolled again that day.  The fish came to the boat and we put 140 fish on the deck before 8am. Almost all of the fish came on iron with like 60# test LOL. I caught 14 fish with the smallest going 25 and I had one pushing 45

Big Tim

hahahahah...we hit with everything in the 0 dark 30 and I could have tossed a bare hook...Rough seas, puking (I was still drunk I think). Stumbling & bumbling..I think my jigmaster was first to be spooled!!! My freind Alan and I had 24 in the back of my 64' long bed chevy packed in ice coming back to Fresno dripping water and blood all the way. Great memories Jon  ;D

alantani

finally got a june schedule, and i won't be able to make this one.  good luck, guys!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jon Vadney

Quote from: alantani on May 08, 2015, 05:44:43 PM
finally got a june schedule, and i won't be able to make this one.  good luck, guys!!!!

>:(

The boat is filling up so if you wanna go on this trip, give the office a call!

theswimmer

Here is the report from Sunday a 2 day trip.

05-10-2015, 2 Day,   66 Rockfish, 154 Vermilion Rockfish, 132 Lingcod, 156 Copper Rockfish, 43 Cabezon

I heard the jackpot ling was 15.5 lbs.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

newfuturevintage

Oooh, this is the one you were talking about over at Dominick's, right?

Let me check a few things/ cross my fingers for how my house refi is going.  Would love to make this happen if I can.

Ron

Bryan Young

I will not be able to make it but will be down there to meet you guys at the docks.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

theswimmer

Quote from: theswimmer on May 12, 2015, 08:36:42 PM

05-10-2015, 2 Day,   66 Rockfish, 154 Vermilion Rockfish, 132 Lingcod, 156 Copper Rockfish, 43 Cabezon

I heard the jackpot ling was 15.5.

22 fishing.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Jon Vadney

Quote from: newfuturevintage on May 12, 2015, 08:54:14 PM
Oooh, this is the one you were talking about over at Dominick's, right?

Let me check a few things/ cross my fingers for how my house refi is going.  Would love to make this happen if I can.

Ron

Yessir!  I'd love to have ya on there!

Jon Vadney

Quote from: theswimmer on May 12, 2015, 08:36:42 PM

I heard the jackpot ling was 15.5 lbs.

Wow....straight up limits of lingcod

IM DOWM FOR THAT! Hahaha

Jon Vadney

Seekers on board and they are going to send out some Tshirts for everyone on the trip.  The rod I am giving away is a Seeker as well.  Get on and get some goodies!!!!!  Only 7 spots left!

You can now book online:
http://virgslanding.com/sportfishing/

newfuturevintage

Time off request put in at work!

Fingers crossed that:

a) I can get out of work,

and

ii) there's space left on the trip by the time I do.

newfuturevintage