"Cedar Plug" in Canarywood

Started by mmayo, April 21, 2015, 10:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmayo

Hand turned 6" "cedar plug" using exotic Canarywood wood which has a yellow color with subtle red and brown streaks. This is NOT your grandfather's cedar plug. It is smooth, protected in a semi-gloss finish and ready to fish. The plug's weight is more than those with a stock head and the lighter cedar wood.

The cedar plug CAN be rigged with 100 pound clear monofilament crimped and manually tested to 25# of drag strength. That is appropriate for 100# fishing gear or less. The cost of a hook and rigging is $3.00 - my cost.

Comments from those who purchased my cedar plugs:

"Mark, received plugs. Almost too nice to fish( I'll force myself though). Thanks...Greg"
"Absolutely beautiful...David"
"Nice plugs...Jeff"
"Fantastic Mark!  They look great.  You do really nice work...Dan"
"Mark the plugs came today.  Thank you.  They are beautifully crafted.  The heads and wood match up perfectly...Dominick"

Contact me at   mlmayo2@verizon.net
(Second letter is a lower case L)

$10 for the cedar plug alone plus $3 shipping and will ship up to two for $3.  Email me for a larger order.

4" and 5" plugs are available too at the same price.  Rigging with 100# mono and hook is $3
Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

coastal_dan

Mark - you may want to move this into the fishing for sale section, currently in the Firearms area.  Also, I'll take two please!  I'll shoot you an email.

_dan
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

heckrazr

I LOVE working with "putumuju"!!!
Maui is where the heart and soul belong.....very soon

Darin Crofton

Hi Mark,
Are you still making these plugs? I love the ones you made me before and would love to get some more.
Thanks,
Darin
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

mmayo

Quote from: Darin Crofton on March 28, 2019, 02:49:23 AM
Hi Mark,
Are you still making these plugs? I love the ones you made me before and would love to get some more.
Thanks,
Darin

Yes, I make them as folks order them.  The cost is $17 unrigged.  I am positive that that when making just one I lose money.  I am still happy to see them when finished and ready to ship.
Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.